WC1 - Pittsburgh

WC2 - Jets

NE doesn't get a sniff of the playoffs.

Jacksonville and the Titans fight it out for last place in the division

NFC

East - Philly

North - Minn

South - Carolina

West - Rams(someone will win this division at 8-8)

WC1 - Green Bay

WC2 - NO

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East - Bills

North - Bengals

South - Indi

West - San Diego

WC1 - Pittsburgh

WC2 - Jets

NE doesn't get a sniff of the playoffs.

Jacksonville and the Titans fight it out for last place in the division

NFC

East - Philly

North - Minn

South - Carolina

West - Rams(someone will win this division at 8-8)

WC1 - Green Bay

WC2 - NO

362296[/snapback]

I didnt realize Bizarro world had the internet

The only way to correctly pick the top six in either conference is to do exhaustive homework, study each team in great detail, considering injuries, changes in players and coaching, team chemistry, check their schedule, and then put the teams in the order you are most sure they will finish. Then blindly put the teams in a hat, throw out the first three teams you take and replace them blindly with just random teams that you left out. And if the one in a million happens based solely on luck and you're right, you can tell people how you knew it and correctly predicted them at the start.

The only way to correctly pick the top six in either conference is to do exhaustive homework, study each team in great detail, considering injuries, changes in players and coaching, team chemistry, check their schedule, and then put the teams in the order you are most sure they will finish. Then blindly put the teams in a hat, throw out the first three teams you take and replace them blindly with just random teams that you left out. And if the one in a million happens based solely on luck and you're right, you can tell people how you knew it and correctly predicted them at the start.

362395[/snapback]

God bless ya, are you ever right :blink:

Just starting to look at some over /unders on win totals. How bout San Francisco at 3 1/2. Now, I gotta think they can win at least 4 games, especially in that division.

Bills at 7 1/2, but some pretty big juice on that number. What kills me is the Skins and Raiders at the same number

God bless ya, are you ever right :blink:

Just starting to look at some over /unders on win totals. How bout San Francisco at 3 1/2. Now, I gotta think they can win at least 4 games, especially in that division.

Bills at 7 1/2, but some pretty big juice on that number. What kills me is the Skins and Raiders at the same number

362465[/snapback]

So you're telling me that there were several prognosticators that, with keen insight, correctly foresaw the Chargers and Steelers exploding last year as well as the Chiefs and Titans and Bucs and Raiders tanking? The point is that most years there are 3-5 teams that most everybody thinks are bad or average that play great, and there are 3-5 teams that virtually everyone thinks will play good or great that tank. And it is impossible to predict which ones those are with any consistency whatsoever. Do you wish to argue that?

So you're telling me that there were several prognosticators that, with keen insight, correctly foresaw the Chargers and Steelers exploding last year as well as the Chiefs and Titans and Bucs and Raiders tanking? The point is that most years there are 3-5 teams that most everybody thinks are bad or average that play great, and there are 3-5 teams that virtually everyone thinks will play good or great that tank. And it is impossible to predict which ones those are with any consistency whatsoever. Do you wish to argue that?

362521[/snapback]

Guess I didn't post well, as I COMPLETELY agree with you that it is a crapshoot. Thats why I like to play some of these over /unders on the win total before the year. Not much on any, but you can win some of these early in the year if you can pick the team, that as you say, explode out of the gate. San Fran and at 3 1/2 wins seem to me to be a pretty good bet. Miami at 4 1/2 might merit a bet as well, both on the over

Guess I didn't post well, as I COMPLETELY agree with you that it is a crapshoot. Thats why I like to play some of these over /unders on the win total before the year. Not much on any, but you can win some of  these early in the year if you can pick the team, that as you say, explode out of the gate. San Fran and at 3 1/2 wins seem to me to be a pretty good bet. Miami at 4 1/2 might merit a bet as well, both on the over

362553[/snapback]

Where did you find those over/under bets? You bet online or you got a guy?

Where did you find those over/under bets? You bet online or you got a guy?

362599[/snapback]

You can go online, but I will be betting them this week at the Palce in Vegas. Yea baby, me and the wife for 4 days at the Hotel at Mandalay(much nicer than the regular Mandalay Bay).

Vegas here I come

362395[/snapback]

Well said!

I agree completely, but for me, just replace the word "homework" with "drinking." That way everybody wins!

Vegas...and you B word about movie prices????  :wub:

362611[/snapback]

Hey, what goes on in one thread, stays in that thread <_<

Whoever said I need to be logical. :blink: Wife going for work and Im using miles for the plane, so basically free trip if you don't count the cash I'll be prepared to play with.

I am not necessarily disagreeing with anyone, but why do so many people seem so sold on the Jets? They are, for my money, the one team that, year in year out, never does what everyone expects them to do. They had a nice season in 2004, but did anyone take them very seriously once the playoffs started? A lot of their success last year was attributed to the freakishly fantastic year that Curtis Martin had, at the age of 31. Another year older, is Martin going to play at the same level? Personally, I think the Bills are superior to the Jets in 2 of the three phases of the game (defense/st) and are not that far behind on offense. I realize that I am assuming JP Losman will at least be a competant NFL QB, but are the Jets really that good? I don't think so...the longer Chad Pennington plays, the more injuries he racks up, and the weaker his arm is exposed to be, I just don't see him getting tons better...and Herm Edwards is, IMO, a pretty borderline NFL coach...

what is up with the charger love, let me start off saying, they will not win more than 7 games next year, their OL is weak, their QB will fall on his arse this year. by week 4 they will be calling for Rivers to start. and forget their Defense, you can throw on them all day.

denver and KC, hell even the raiders will be tougher this year.

Mark this, write it down.

Crack kills

362713[/snapback]

Always avaialable for a little wager at the right odds. Name one for under a hundred, and lets be realistic, I need a little juice for picking them not to make.

Willing to go even money on Jacksonville being .500 or under

I am not necessarily disagreeing with anyone, but why do so many people seem so sold on the Jets?  They are, for my money, the one team that, year in year out, never does what everyone expects them to do.  They had a nice season in 2004, but did anyone take them very seriously once the playoffs started?  A lot of their success last year was attributed to the freakishly fantastic year that Curtis Martin had, at the age of 31.  Another year older, is Martin going to play at the same level?  Personally, I think the Bills are superior to the Jets in 2 of the three phases of the game (defense/st) and are not that far behind on offense.  I realize that I am assuming JP Losman will at least be a competant NFL QB, but are the Jets really that good?  I don't think so...the longer Chad Pennington plays, the more injuries he racks up, and the weaker his arm is exposed to be, I just don't see him getting tons better...and Herm Edwards is, IMO, a pretty borderline NFL coach...

362734[/snapback]

We may not be far behind on offense, but based on pts given up last year, they're not far behind on defense either, and they're young. Plus their OL is lightyears ahead of ours.

Agreed on Herm being questionable and agreed on Martin probably not duplicating last year. Of course, I doubt our special teams will duplicate last year either.

We may not be far behind on offense, but based on pts given up last year, they're not far behind on defense either, and they're young.  Plus their OL is lightyears ahead of ours. 

Agreed on Herm being questionable and agreed on Martin probably not duplicating last year.  Of course, I doubt our special teams will duplicate last year either.

363003[/snapback]

Buff, I completely agree on the ST declining a wee bit. Number one, last year was just phenominal in terms of blocks, returns etc. Hard to repeat that kind of performance. Second, just wonder how long Mularkey will continue to use starters on teams . While I do not think Fletcher is Dick Butkus, I have absolutely no idea what the boys behind him can do. Would hate to find out if he is injured on a kick return.