Top Six in the AFC

Tolstoy

Always avaialable for a little wager at the right odds. Name one for under a hundred, and lets be realistic, I need a little juice for picking them not to make.

Willing to go even money on Jacksonville being .500 or under

362987[/snapback]

What kind of odds you talkin about?

How's this one, not only will NE make the playoffs, they'll win at LEAST one game. (Of course I believe they'll win the SB but thats a foolish bet in today's age of parity)

Jacksonville being .500 or under, I'm not touching that one.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buff, I completely agree on the ST declining a wee bit. Number one, last year was just phenominal in terms of blocks, returns etc. Hard to repeat that kind of performance. Second, just wonder how long Mularkey will continue to use starters on teams . While I do  not think Fletcher is Dick Butkus, I have absolutely no idea what the boys behind him can do. Would hate to find out if he is injured on a kick return.

363015[/snapback]

I guess I just think it's extremely bad karma that Buffalo fans - of all people - are taking it for granted that they're going to be the best in the league again after 1 good year and sucking for so many years prior. I realize we had a different coach and different personnel, but still, it's an unpredictable facet of the game from year-to-year. Not saying they're going to suck, but IMO people are going to be disappointed if they expect last year to be matched. I mean, how many great returns did Dante Hall have last year after his freakish 2003 season?

Then again, if there's such a thing as 'karma' in football, how the hell do the Patriots keep winning?

What kind of odds you talkin about? 

How's this one,  not only will NE make the playoffs, they'll win at LEAST one game.    (Of course I believe they'll win the SB but thats a foolish bet in today's age of parity) 

Jacksonville being .500 or under, I'm not touching that one.

363050[/snapback]

Sounds fair to me. So let me get this str8. Out of the playoffs, I win. In playoffs, but lose first game, I win. Win a game in the playoffs, you win?

If so, Im in for anything up to a hundred

I am not necessarily disagreeing with anyone, but why do so many people seem so sold on the Jets?  They are, for my money, the one team that, year in year out, never does what everyone expects them to do.  They had a nice season in 2004, but did anyone take them very seriously once the playoffs started?  A lot of their success last year was attributed to the freakishly fantastic year that Curtis Martin had, at the age of 31.  Another year older, is Martin going to play at the same level?  Personally, I think the Bills are superior to the Jets in 2 of the three phases of the game (defense/st) and are not that far behind on offense.  I realize that I am assuming JP Losman will at least be a competant NFL QB, but are the Jets really that good?  I don't think so...the longer Chad Pennington plays, the more injuries he racks up, and the weaker his arm is exposed to be, I just don't see him getting tons better...and Herm Edwards is, IMO, a pretty borderline NFL coach...

362734[/snapback]

Agreed. Right now, Chad P ( arm surgery) can barely throw the ball 15 feet, from all reports. I do think Martin is one of the most overlooked stars the NFL has ever seen. His day in Canton is a cinch, 5 years after retirement. Hard to expect another career year at age 32. Both OL and DL is in a major flux. The NYC hype is in full bloom, this time of year.