Nader Drops N-Bomb

So if a fellow officer is having a problem drinking which leads to domestic violence, you don't support going into his house and making sure he is not drinking?

Do you think he should be immediately removed?

??

361850[/snapback]

An officer accused of domestic violence is arrested FASTER than anyone else in NYC. Believe this as you choose.

Officers accused of non-violent domestic incidents (such as loud verbal arguments, etc.) are already visited by Field Internal Affairs Units, as are their spouses.

Next question? ;):(

OMG!!! Having a bad day?

Well, here comes appology #2........Sorry to hurt your feelings. Happy Father's Day!

Gotta admit, that last sentence WAS funny.  :(

361851[/snapback]

Actually, not. I am trying to get out of this place. You didn't hurt my feelings. I just think this smoking crusade is silly... Get over it.. You are retired, the law is the law... Accept it.

You throw barbs at me then come bearing roses... WTF is up with that?

It also comes down to being a person of honor. When told to stop doing something that is harming another, they stop. Unfortunately, we don't live in a society that likes to yield to anyone. I wonder why? Then, in a half-hearted attempt, legislative acts start to take over in place of that honor.

I am not saying it (the laws) work but, they (the laws) attempt to fill the void left by the shortcomings of society at a personal level.

I posted this earlier Bill.  It was meant for you.

361853[/snapback]

Thank you.

Please, continue to educate me as to how to have "honor."

All this time, I thought that I was about freedom. :(

An officer accused of domestic violence is arrested FASTER than anyone else in NYC. Believe this as you choose.

Officers accused of non-violent domestic incidents (such as loud verbal arguments, etc.) are already visited by Field Internal Affairs Units, as are their spouses.

Next question?  :lol:  ;)

361854[/snapback]

Ya, right. I don't believe it.

:(;)

Actually, not.  I am trying to get out of this place.  You didn't hurt my feelings.  I just think this smoking crusade is silly... Get over it.. You are retired, the law is the law... Accept it.

You throw barbs at me then come bearing roses... WTF is up with that?

361855[/snapback]

You are reading too much into it.

You are a person to whom I enjoy posting, but we take different sides on almost every issue. If you wish, I will tone it down when posting to you.

Again, I meant no harm.

You are reading too much into it.

You are a person to whom I enjoy posting, but we take different sides on almost every issue. If you wish, I will tone it down when posting to you.

Again, I meant no harm.

361859[/snapback]

Same here Bill... I should have let it go... I do get fiesty... Nothing is wrong with your assumptions.

I try and relate to everything. I am not for these screwy laws but, understand the knee-jerk reaction and attempt to adapt to them... THAT'S ALL.

Maybe we will meet someday and put these differences to rest?

You've posted some pretty dumb and hypocritical things here over the years, but this is probably the worst of it.

361868[/snapback]

Why is it hypocritical?

He is not a cop anymore. His job was to ENFORCE the law, not make it. I can just imagine how he would act if he was still working.

The law is the law. When it is your job to enforce it, you do just that. You don't undermine it, whine, kick and scream. Do your job and what is told of you.

Instead of crying on a message board, spend some of that retired time trying to get lawmakers to change the law?

??

Why is it hypocritical?

EXHIBIT A:

Get over it.. You are retired, the law is the law... Accept it.

361855[/snapback]

EXHIBIT B:

Instead of crying on a message board, spend some of that retired time trying to get lawmakers to change the law?

362012[/snapback]

:(

Why is it hypocritical?

He is not a cop anymore.  His job was to ENFORCE the law, not make it.  I can just imagine how he would act if he was still working.

The law is the law.  When it is your job to enforce it, you do just that.  You don't undermine it, whine, kick and scream.  Do your job and what is told of you.

??

362012[/snapback]

EIL, are you now taking a stand for strict enforcement of every law?

If a man with a perfect driving record is driving with his wife and kids and forgets to signal when he changes lanes, are you FOR this man getting summonsed to court?

Should ALL Jaywalkers be targeted as well?

Police work lesson #1: You cannot survive in this business without the use of DISCRETION.

Police work lesson #2: You cannot survive in this business without friends. A badge and a gun do not make one more powerful than the society one protects.

One poster on this board claims to have been victimized by police (ticketed) on a holiday, in the presence of his children for something he deems minor. Truthfully his story seems sketchy but if true, that officer made an enemy both to himself, and other cops.

You can't please everybody. There are times where you simply must "do what you gotta do," but trust me, it is better to strike a balance than to ride roughshod over people and simply enforce everything; which is a losing proposition, and can border on bullying and abuse.

EIL, are you now taking a stand for strict enforcement of every law?

If a man with a perfect driving record is driving with his wife and kids and forgets to signal when he changes lanes, are you FOR this man getting summonsed to court?

Should ALL Jaywalkers be targeted as well?

Police work lesson #1: You cannot survive in this business without the use of DISCRETION.

Police work lesson #2: You cannot survive in this business without friends. A badge and a gun do not make one more powerful than the society one protects.

One poster on this board claims to have been victimized by police (ticketed) on a holiday, in the presence of his children for something he deems minor. Truthfully his story seems sketchy but if true, that officer made an enemy both to himself, and other cops.

You can't please everybody. There are times where you simply must "do what you gotta do," but trust me, it is better to strike a balance than to ride roughshod over people and simply enforce everything; which is a losing proposition, and can border on bullying and abuse.

362125[/snapback]

I understand.

So I read that Nader is calling for Bush's impeachment? Well, Ralph, I guess there was a difference b/w the candidates after all. Idiot.

One of my older cousins, she's ~45 now, worked on one of his campaigns twenty-odd years back. My uncle, an avowed Maine Republican, voted for Nader twice on the premise that he didn't play grabass with her. If you read that expose of Nader on Salon at election time he makes John Bolton's management style look like Barney and Friends.