Envato: Newspaper Vintage History Headlines. The Unified Reich Hoax

Posted (edited)

So I tried to watch it. Everyone's taking it down.

If it's so wholesome, so inoffensive, why are they taking it down?

I realize Trump's campaign didn't produce it. But Trump himself posted it on his social media site.

I stupidly gave Trump the benefit of the doubt, saying that it was an agglomeration of made-up old news headlines meant to communicate that the world is a dangerous place and we need a strong leader like Trump.

But no. It literally tells us what to expect if Trump wins again, then zooms in on the headline about industrial production increasing under a "unified Reich."

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/21/politics/trump-unified-reich-video/index.html

So that would be a new Reich, the Trump Reich. Which you could, I guess, say harks back to Hitler's First Reich (which I think was the Holy Roman Empire, which didn't have any industrial production, being a feudal realm that was neither Holy nor Roman), or some Bismarckian Second Reich (which did happen in the industrial revolution, but isn't exactly the best example that comes to mind when economic historians think "provide an example of the industrial revolution").

But really: it's right there. The new unified Reich.

Who talks like that? Who has the German fetish other than the ancestral Drumpfs?

What on earth was this meant to communicate other than associating Donald Trump with some kind of new (Fourth?) Reich?

Some quick comparisons:

- "What will happen under a new Trump Administration?" [cut to headline: "Napoleonic Empire Expands]

- What will happen under a new Trump Administration?" [cut to faux Italian newspaper: "The Trains Now Run On Time"]

- What will happen under a new Trump Administration? [cut to faux 1941 headline about "Emperor Declares Japan the New World Power"]

It speaks for itself. It is so stupid, so offensive, that I assumed that people were unfairly jumping all over Trump for posting it.

No. He should be jumped all over for posting it.

Verdict: Not a Hoax.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Time for the MAGAs to do their usual mental gymnastics explaining why Trump using Nazi stuff is actually a misunderstand/out of context/not really nazi/etc. that mask came off long, long ago. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

Time for the MAGAs to do their usual mental gymnastics explaining why Trump using Nazi stuff is actually a misunderstand/out of context/not really nazi/etc. that mask came off long, long ago. 

No need to.  Everyone not a DEM puppet is laughing at you all.

And everyone not in in the DEM umbrella, is MAGA.

its always the same script.

Just now, Tommy Callahan said:

No need to.  Everyone not a DEM puppet is laughing at you all.

And everyone not in in the DEM umbrella, is MAGA.

its always the same script.

Actually more people are waking up to Trumps slow-burn dictatorship dream. 

I get you guys hate democracy because you can’t win anymore, but never thought you’d completely turn on America. Ah well. So it goes. 

• Eyeroll 1

I get you guys hate democracy because you can’t win anymore, but never thought you’d completely turn on America. Ah well. So it goes. 

Ladies and gentlemen,  your average democrat voter.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I get MSNBC and the echo chambers you follow say that. but the fact is this DEM platform is causing victims on an economic and social scale.

and that orange dude is the only choice besides this garbage.

Just now, Tommy Callahan said:

I get MSNBC and the echo chambers you follow say that. but the fact is this DEM platform is causing victims on an economic and social scale.

and that orange dude is the only choice besides this garbage.

And he will lose again. Thanks for playing. 

Just now, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Ladies and gentlemen,  your average democrat voter.

Do you believe in Project 2025?

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

And he will lose again. Thanks for playing. 

Do you believe in Project 2025?

Hell no. its just moronic DEM PAC and MSM promoted garbage. 

but totally understand you do.

They use the fear to keep you in line.

9 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Hell no. its just moronic DEM PAC and MSM promoted garbage. 

but totally understand you do.

They use the fear to keep you in line.

Well given the rise of the right wing round the world, and how it’s a published platform, I’d say there are real reasons to be concerned. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Well given the rise of the right wing round the world, and how it’s a published platform, I’d say there are real reasons to be concerned. 

By right you mean an authoritarian government model?  

Cause the us left already owns that.  

Globally?  There are protest everywhere against the authoritarian leftist/statist/globalist government 

Eff.  You read about macron and the island protest? He had to fly in this morning. Indian government and the farmers?  EU and the farmers?

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/new-caledonia-protesters-police-play-cat-mouse-before-macron-arrives-2024-05-22/

Or do they not cover it in the spots you get your information from 

Edited by Tommy Callahan

1 minute ago, Tommy Callahan said:

By right you mean an authoritarian government model?  

Cause the us left already owns that.  

Globally?  There are protest everywhere against the authoritarian leftist/statist/globalist government 

Eff.  You read about macron and the island protest? He had to fly in this morning. Indian government and the farmers?  EU and the farmers?

Or do they not cover it in the spots you get your information from 

1) which part of the Democratic platform is “authoritarian?” Because I don’t think “round up and purity test the brown people” is a left wing policy 

2) name one. The protests in Georgia are against the right wing Russian government, for instance 

3) farmers suck and need to adapt to modern emissions standards. I have zero respect for farmers who refuse to change their archaic ways. 

57 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

1) which part of the Democratic platform is “authoritarian?” Because I don’t think “round up and purity test the brown people” is a left wing policy 

2) name one. The protests in Georgia are against the right wing Russian government, for instance 

3) farmers suck and need to adapt to modern emissions standards. I have zero respect for farmers who refuse to change their archaic ways. 

Farmers suck? Damn u grow your own crops?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

You have successfully morphed into Tiberius. Congrats and condolences. 

To your credit you have staked incredibly exclusive territory with “I hate farmers”. 

Edited by JDHillFan