Diddy vs Butker

I started to reply to "Fiberius", but I just can't deal with people like that who live in la la land anymore.  Everything he said in his previous post is basically the opposite of reality.  Just unreal.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Salient, dominant and useful 

Another consideration is LE levels dropped during covid and have gotten back to normal. Be careful comparing anything to covid years

1 hour ago, phypon said:

I started to reply to "Fiberius", but I just can't deal with people like that who live in la la land anymore.  Everything he said in his previous post is basically the opposite of reality.  Just unreal.

That's the spirit.

Ignore.

Mock.

This incredibly stupid post says everything you need to know about the "new" or "alt" or Trump right.

Two things that have absolutely nothing to do with each other. A Christian conservative football player gave a speech espousing traditional Christian values at a Catholic college. As far as I know, he has never beaten up anyone, much less a girlfriend/wife.

But meanwhile: a video of an aging hip hop artist beating up his girlfriend c. 2016 was released. As far as I know, aging hip hop artist did not say anything espousing Christian values or condemning Christian values.

They have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Nothing.

But the low IQ AI machines will still find something to say. It follows the format:

"You called out [A] for doing/saying [B], but you didn't call out [X] for doing/saying [Y]."

How illuminating.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

This incredibly stupid post says everything you need to know about the "new" or "alt" or Trump right.

Two things that have absolutely nothing to do with each other. A Christian conservative football player gave a speech espousing traditional Christian values at a Catholic college. As far as I know, he has never beaten up anyone, much less a girlfriend/wife.

But meanwhile: a video of an aging hip hop artist beating up his girlfriend c. 2016 was released. As far as I know, aging hip hop artist did not say anything espousing Christian values or condemning Christian values.

But the low IQ AI machines will still find something to say. It follows the format:

"You called out [A] for doing/saying [B], but you didn't call out [X] for doing/saying [Y]."

How illuminating.

I get the opposing cultures of the two

21 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

How illuminating.

I think the point is that there was more outcry over a football player giving a Christian speech at a Christian college than there was over a celebrity not only beating up his girlfriend but also for allegations of sex crimes with minors.

And, you're right, neither has anything to do with Trump.  I think you are the first poster in this thread that mentioned anything about Trump.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, phypon said:

I think the point is that there was more outcry over a football player giving a Christian speech at a Christian college than there was over a celebrity not only beating up his girlfriend but also for allegations of sex crimes with minors.

And, you're right, neither has anything to do with Trump.  I think you are the first poster in this thread that mentioned anything about Trump.

I flipped on CNN when I checked into a hotel this weekend.

Guess what?

P Diddy video on what seemed like an endless loop.

So there's the other variant: "the mainstream media refuses to cover it." Except that mainstream CNN was covering it a lot more than they were covering Butker's commencement speech at a minor college, and a whole lot more than an assassination attempt in Slovakia.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I flipped on CNN when I checked into a hotel this weekend.

Guess what?

P Diddy video on what seemed like an endless loop.

So there's the other variant: "the mainstream media refuses to cover it." Except that mainstream CNN was covering it a lot more than they were covering Butker's commencement speech at a minor college, and a whole lot more than an assassination attempt in Slovakia.

That darn “reliable” mainstream media! Another W for them I guess. 

7 hours ago, SCBills said:

One doesn’t have to live it to observe it.

Im in my 30’s, own a business and as my IRS tax bill would indicate.. do quite well for myself.  

I don’t know how old you are, but as a millennial, am able to see the struggle and the issues presenting the under 45 crowd. 

Gen Z is even worse off.  Women going further left, men going further right.  Not only are they not getting married or having kids, they’re barely even dating.  

Women blame men.  Men blame women. 

Record levels of apathy.  Generations controlled by anti-anxiety & anti-depressant manufacturers.

Our cultural icons are Megan Thee Stallion and Taylor Swift.  I have no issue with either, but that’s not a culture driven by strong men.  

Young men aren’t joining the military.  And why would they.. they’re told our masculinity is a problem by everyone in our current administration. 

Our financial standing as a country is nowhere near as strong as you believe. 

Societal safety nets that we pay into won’t be there for us unless the govt goes further into debt to subsidize something like Social Security. 

The family unit is being intentionally destroyed through subliminal message by corporations and media. 

We see what’s happened in much of Europe.  Where they’ve relinquished their culture to migrants.  And I’m all for immigration of those who assimilate .. but that’s not happening any longer.

A nation with no borders and no identity with growing stressors on the healthcare system and welfare stands zero chance in the future. 

Depending on how old you are, maybe you just know it won’t affect you.

Depending on how much you want to live in a country that has somewhat of an identity, maybe you just don’t care. 

In short, Globalism

Why, I don't know, just because some people hate what we had.

Likely external, Eastern influences

• Like (+1) 1

Sounds about right. Mr. "Men need to be in charge of culture" would sure not be a winner for Catholicism

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/257718/pope-francis-says-conservative-critics-have-a-suicidal-attitude

In an interview with “60 Minutes” airing this Sunday, Pope Francis takes aim at his “conservative critics” in the United States, reportedly saying a conservative is someone who “clings to something and does not want to see beyond that.”

“It is a suicidal attitude,” the pope said as reported by “60 Minutes,” which released a brief clip of the upcoming interview conducted by CBS’ Nora O’Donnell. 

“Because one thing is to take tradition into account, to consider situations from the past, but quite another is to be closed up inside a dogmatic box.”

• Vomit 1