Goff 4yr $212M extension

9 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

Tua will be the highest paid QB once he signs his contract. Guaranteed. Does he deserve it? Absolutely not, but neither do most of these top 10 QBs. There’s warts on Joe Burrow, but he’s currently the highest paid QB. 

The Josh Allen numbers are slightly skewed. Diggs accounts for 12% of our 2024 cap and he’s not even on the team. You take that out, Josh accounts for even high proportion. Still, these numbers are pretty tight. 

And teachers get flack because they have the summer off too. 

It’s just based on the league cap # and annual average salary. Not how much cap each year, which can fluctuate.

17 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think there is justification for Josh to account for 40% of the cap because he’s 80% of the offense.  23.5% is a steal for Josh even if it was aligned to current cap. 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They entertain the masses. Everyone spends money on something that removes them from the reality of life. A lot of people choose sports.

I agree, and that is a good point.

My point is that the cost for the average guy is getting way too high….as we’re seeing with the PSLs/new stadium….folks are getting “priced out.” The latter also applies to other big time sports too….people’s discretionary spending is way down currently too. And regular Joes/Janes put in 40-50 hours a week of real work get paid a pittance to what most athletes are getting nowadays. There comes a point when the resentment/jealousy/envy boils over and you’re done with being a fan.

Like somebody else surmised, if I wasn’t a 50+ years suffering Bills fan, who is hoping for them to win a SB, I’d be done watching the NFL right now.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

And regular Joes/Janes put in 40-50 hours a week of real work get paid a pittance to what most athletes are getting nowadays. There comes a point when the resentment/jealousy/envy boils over and you’re done with being a fan.

People have been saying this since Babe Ruth signed his big contract and,

yet sports still becomes bigger every year even if individual sports wax and wane.

If the QBs salaries are an issue, the NFLPA is less dominated by the superstars, so I could see the NFLPA agreeing to a maximum percentage of the salary cap given to any one player.

Edited by Billy Claude