2004 Bills Games on Adelphia On-Demand

ElMarko

If you have Adelphia On-Demand service, the NFL On-Demand channel now has 15 minute replay recaps for just about everygame last year.

Sat and watched them all last night - in these days of so little happening with our team.

Three GLARING things that stand out from watching a 2004 season recap:

1. McGee got burned quite a bit last year, with Clements being on the other side, he was picked on by both experienced and yound QB's - if you remember, he must have fell down 4 or 5 times when making a cut in coverage;

2. The defense got considerably better when Milloy came back from his injury;

3. And obviously, our Special teams just about won us 3 games singlehandedly.

On-Demand is excellent stuff. Fast-forward, rewind, pause...

If you have Adelphia On-Demand service, the NFL On-Demand channel now has 15 minute replay recaps for just about everygame last year.

1. McGee got burned quite a bit last year, with Clements being on the other side, he was picked on by both experienced and yound QB's - if you remember, he must have fell down 4 or 5 times when making a cut in coverage;

359212[/snapback]

I hate to be a nitpicker, but I think McGee, as a starting CB, is going to be the achilles heal of our defense. He was special teams phenom, and was a good extra DB, but as a starter, he is pretty average. Hopefully, having a healthy Vincent and Milloy in the middle will help some...

McGee looked like a terrific athlete who tried to compensate for his lack of experience against big time competition by using his athleticism and being aggressive.

I think he's going to be just fine and will be even better when it's not Ike Friggin' Reese playing over the top of him.

The thing that makes me feel confident in McGee is that he has consistently shown progress. The kid is learning how to play the position in the NFL (lets remember that he didnt even come from a IA college) and I'm impressed with how fast he's gotten the hang of it.

He did get burned a lot last year, but he also held his ground and made some nice plays. I think a lot of other NFL teams would be very happy with him as a #2 CB.

The thing that makes me feel confident in McGee is that he has consistently shown progress.  The kid is learning how to play the position in the NFL (lets remember that he didnt even come from a IA college) and I'm impressed with how fast he's gotten the hang of it.

He did get burned a lot last year, but he also held his ground and made some nice plays.  I think a lot of other NFL teams would be very happy with him as a #2 CB.

359820[/snapback]

I agree. The kid seems have a knack for being around the ball.

I agree. The kid seems have a knack for being around the ball.

359823[/snapback]

McGee made a lot of plays on the ball in the endzone. He had two pics in the endzone called back on penalties, another one overturned because the ball touched the ground and another because he was ruled out of bounds. Kid has great ball skills. He got better in coverage as the season went on, but he will inevitably lose some jump balls to the taller receivers. He's a great #2 to Clements because he will create turnovers if teams try to keep it away from Clements.

Sat and watched them all last night - in these days of so little happening with our team.

Three GLARING things that stand out from watching a 2004 season recap:

2. The defense got considerably better when Milloy came back from his injury;

3. And obviously, our Special teams just about won us 3 games singlehandedly.

On-Demand is excellent stuff.  Fast-forward, rewind, pause...

359212[/snapback]

Try gettin that on the dish...