Who should the Bills draft at #58? - TSW Mock Draft 2.0

Virgil

Who should the Bills draft at #58?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills draft at #58?

• Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU
    • Javon Bullard, S, Georgia
    • Kamren Kinchens, S, Miami
    • Cole Bishop, S, Utah
    • Michael Hall Jr, DT, Ohio State

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/15/2024 at 04:00 PM

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Even after taking a WR (Franklin) roughly 15 picks earlier?

Oh yeah, I'm all for double dipping here.  And a Franklin/Polk combo looks like it would be a great combo.  Polk is a little bigger and more of an all around X/#1 WR, Franklin can be moved all over with his deep speed.  

17 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Out of this list I'm taking Kingsley Suamataia. This draft is strong at OT so we should try to spend a top 100 pick on one if possible. He also jumps out as someone that probably could have gone 20 picks higher and no one would have batted an eye. He is raw but has great physical traits (9.35 RAS score) and doesn't have to be rushed into a starting role. Ideally he would take over for Spencer Brown in 2025, meaning we would get a comp pick back for Brown and spend his cap space on more meaningful positions. Theoretically it's a good pick for value and long term team building.

I don't hate that at all.

51 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Oh yeah, I'm all for double dipping here.  And a Franklin/Polk combo looks like it would be a great combo.  Polk is a little bigger and more of an all around X/#1 WR, Franklin can be moved all over with his deep speed.  

Fair enough, I dont mind double dipping at WR in this draft either. I'm just not sure I'd do it with our first 2 picks back to back, nor am I as sold on Polk. Looks to my (untrained) eye like another Gabe Davis clone. Who was decent for a 4th round pick, but not what I would be happy with from my 2nd round pick that was also a double-dip pick.

On 4/15/2024 at 5:52 PM, RyanC883 said:

I agree as a combo that is nice. Don't think either are a true WR1 though. 

On 4/16/2024 at 2:45 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

Fair enough, I dont mind double dipping at WR in this draft either. I'm just not sure I'd do it with our first 2 picks back to back, nor am I as sold on Polk. Looks to my (untrained) eye like another Gabe Davis clone. Who was decent for a 4th round pick, but not what I would be happy with from my 2nd round pick that was also a double-dip pick.

This, though Gabe Davis in the fourth round was a lot better than decent.

People are way way way too focused on WR, to the point where it's occluding their view.

Yes, almost certainly we should get a WR in round one or round two. And yeah, most likely one somewhere later as well.

But not in both round one and round two.

I mean, granted, after KC traded Tyreke Hill, they immediately traded up as high as they could in the first to replace ... oh, no, wait, sorry, they didn't do that. Instead they drafted two WRs, one in the first and then one in the second to immedi ... oh, no, wait, they didn't do that either.

They had two picks in the first first round that offseason. Remember who they picked? Trent McDuffie and George Karlaftis.

Then in the 2nd they got Skyy Moore at #54.

And picking two defenders in the first round that year ... well, it actually worked out pretty well for them despite a pretty mediocre WR room. Haven't heard Pat Mahomes cursing that they should have gotten him a WR in the first couple of picks rather than wasting picks on defense.

Thanks to Joe Marino for reminding me of that.

We need to build a team. A whole team. You let the draft fall to you. And in the early rounds you go BPA at a position of need, of which we have several.

Build a team. Not just a WR room.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Agree 1