Jesse Kelly's Astute Communist Observations. ***** off Marxists

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

https://www.energy.gov/ceser/history-spr-releases

We fill it up, we draw it down; we draw it down, we fill it up. 

Treason! 

Shhh! You’re not allowed to look anything up. Just believe the rage baiting talking heads. 

Biden probably needs the sale from the oil to fund his assassination squads going after Trump. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Shhh! You’re not allowed to look anything up. Just believe the rage baiting talking heads. 

Because some guy named Jess Kelly just knows that the Strategic Petroleum Reserve has never been drawn on for any purpose other than fueling our military.

How dare you question him!

I'm gonna have Julie of the Kellys do some legal research on this.

Holy Oil Slick, Batman! I just learned that sales from the strategic petroleum reserve to reduce the (stated) deficit were authorized by the Republican House and Republican Senate in 2015!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Treason! 

I don’t believe I am overlooking anything but that link for some reason makes no mention at all of the SPR release ordered by President Brandon in 2022. Are you spreading misinformation?

From the reliable mainstream media organization known as ABC:

Biden significantly drained the Strategic Petroleum Reserve in 2022 following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, dropping the stockpile to its lowest level since the 1980s. 

7 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

I don’t believe I am overlooking anything but that link for some reason makes no mention at all of the SPR release ordered by President Brandon in 2022. Are you spreading misinformation?

From the reliable mainstream media organization known as ABC:

Biden significantly drained the Strategic Petroleum Reserve in 2022 following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, dropping the stockpile to its lowest level since the 1980s. 

This is true, but the SOR levels have been traditionally low.  They're higher now than during the cold war.  It was actually Obama who started raising them.  By any historical standard they are not low.  

“If a very common thing was very common but I, a highly regarded expert had absolutely no clue and no ability to investigate or understand it to the extent that I confused boilerplate language with an assassination order, then why the hell does anyone think I know that the hell I’m doing?”

-Julie Kelly, the best and brightest legal mind on the right. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, daz28 said:

This is true, but the SOR levels have been traditionally low.  They're higher now than during the cold war.  It was actually Obama who started raising them.  By any historical standard they are not low.  

You should really take the rest of the night off. 

Edited by JDHillFan
Data

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

If the release ordered by President Brandon in 2022 took the SPR to its lowest level in FORTY YEARS, that would constitute it being low by EVERY historical standard.

Think about what you are typing please. First the courts “implement law” and now this? Yikes. 

Except the article is incorrect.  Google:  U.S. Crude Oil Reserves-110 Year Historical Chart

A prosecutor(of the court) decides if charges are brought(law implemented).  Not hard to understand.  Instead of telling me I'm wrong, tell me WHY I'm wrong.  It makes for a much healthier debate.  

Edited by daz28

8 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Your statements are not true.  SPR was created in 1977.  If we say the cold war ended in 1990, then is it higher than some of the cold war(1977-1984).  It was actually W who started raising them, probably due to 9/11 and the Gulf war.  The slope increase was during his tenure, the rate of change leveled out in 2005.  By historical standards (1977-2024) they are currently at 52% of the historical peak.

6 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

“If a very common thing was very common but I, a highly regarded expert had absolutely no clue and no ability to investigate or understand it to the extent that I confused boilerplate language with an assassination order, then why the hell does anyone think I know that the hell I’m doing?”

-Julie Kelly, the best and brightest legal mind on the right. 

Answer for Julie: because you're a hack, who's just spitting out any tidbit that you find peculiar to feed the frothing mouth breathers.  

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Except the article is incorrect.  Google:  U.S. Crude Oil Reserves-110 Year Historical Chart

A prosecutor(of the court) decides if charges are brought(law implemented).  Not hard to understand.  Instead of telling me I'm wrong, tell me WHY I'm wrong.  It makes for a much healthier debate.  

Here’s something else you are wrong about:

During President Obama’s first term, the SPR was depleted by 7 million barrels. But from its peak the SPR was reduced by more than 30 million barrels by the end of Obama’s first term. President Obama’s second term saw less activity in the SPR, with the level decreasing by only another 200,000 barrels.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2023/07/07/which-presidents-filled-and-depleted-the-strategic-petroleum-reserve/

1 minute ago, ScotSHO said:

Your statements are not true.  SPR was created in 1977.  If we say the cold war ended in 1990, then is it higher than some of the cold war(1977-1984).  It was actually W who started raising them, probably due to 9/11 and the Gulf war.  The slope increase was during his tenure, the rate of change leveled out in 2005.  By historical standards (1977-2024) they are currently at 52% of the historical peak.

That's when they named it SPR.  Surely our crude oil reserves existed before that, and they kept records since at least 1900 that I can find.  

Google:  U.S. Crude Oil Reserves-110 Year Historical Chart

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Treason! 

Yep.  Far worse then telling protesters on January 6 to be peaceful and then that they need to go home:

“The SPR exists, first and foremost, as an emergency response tool the President can use should the United States be confronted with an economically-threatening disruption in oil supplies.”

What’s the current disruption in supply?

Other then Dems refusing to find new reserves. 

Edited by Big Blitz

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, daz28 said:

That's when they named it SPR.  Surely our crude oil reserves existed before that, and they kept records since at least 1900 that I can find.  

It’s called the STRATEGIC Petroleum Reserve. 

you should really take the rest of the night off

Google: STRATEGIC Petroleum Reserve 

Edited by JDHillFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

I know they hoarded oil since it was found useful.  You changed the argument basis; discussion was SPR.

2 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

I know they hoarded oil since it was found useful.  You changed the argument basis; discussion was SPR.

Which is our crude oil reserve.  Changing a word in it is only semantics, and the name change was likely due to cold war fear mongering.  If you do visit the chart on Macrotrends(from the EIA) check out our oil exports chart that is there also.  Our oil exports went from 5 million barrels in 2016 to 10M barrels in 2020.  Why did we export double the amount of oil we were shipping out, while we were crying for oil independence at the same time.  Also, there is a chart of Saudi oil production, which shows very clearly how they've been manipulating production to keep prices high.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

I think maybe the difference is one is crude oil reserve and the other is a petroleum reserve.  It looks we have plenty of oil on hand, and maybe it's just not refined yet.  Either way, the 'deletion of our SPR' is purely political, because we have RIDICULOUS amounts of oil reserves AND some of the largest untapped oil fields.  If we ever needed to ramp up for war, we could be swimming in it rather quickly.  Also, our allies, such as Saudi Arabia, can increase production tomorrow if need be.  

Just now, daz28 said:

I think maybe the difference is one is crude oil reserve and the other is a petroleum reserve.  It looks we have plenty of oil on hand, and maybe it's just not refined yet.  Either way, the 'deletion of our SPR' is purely political, because we have RIDICULOUS amounts of oil reserves AND some of the largest untapped oil fields.  If we ever needed to ramp up for war, we could be swimming in it rather quickly.  Also, our allies, such as Saudi Arabia, can increase production tomorrow if need be.  

You have thrown up all over yourself in this thread tonight. I know it’s not possible for you but you could gain some credibility by admitting your unfamiliarity with what the SPR is and that you got it (completely, utterly, totally) wrong. Weaseling your way through a series of “yeah, but’s” isn’t doing you any favors.