Gonzo Mock Draft 1.0 2 Rounder

4 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yeah and I'd expect us to take one later as insurance.

But when you have a number of positions where you need players that will start, compete to start, or be used often in rotation and you pick 28 and 60 and then don't pick again until 128 - you can't afford to use a premium pick on a BPA that's simply FA insurance for next year and depth.

Like I said, unless you're pretty sure you're moving on from Brown, you're using a premium pick on someone who's ceiling is Swing Tackle if Dawkins and Brown are locked up long term.

You use the first two Rounds for "gaping holes". Insurance, depth, and development is for the mid Rounds. Beane's done a good job filling holes but we're not at a point where we can just go BPA and ignore the holes left in Round 1 and Round 2, especially since we don't have another pick until the end of Round 4.

Fundamentally disagree. You use the first two rounds to get players that you would hand out gigantic money to in a second if they were ProBowlers. QB, DE, WR, OT, CB in that order. Because those are the most important positions.

Do you know why the Cowboys felt comfortable letting Tyron Smith get $20M elsewhere?  Because they had drafted his replacement who will play for a fraction of that a year earlier in the first round.

What if one of these garbage teams offer Brown a reset the market RT contract next season?  We can't and shouldn't pay that. What if Dawkins play completely deteriorates over the next two seasons? Then you are left chasing an important position after the fact and reaching for a day 3 OT prospect in day 2 because we need to "fill the hole."

Its bad management.

I don't want Worthy in the first.  Right now Diggs is 6', Shakir is 6',  Samuel is 5'11.  Thats a bunch of small smurfs, and Curtis is the only burner.  We need a big bodied burner X WR who can run route tree, take the top of the defense, and block.  Worthy can only do one of these, and is 6'1 172 pounds.  No thank you.  AD MItchell fits the bill- 6'4 200, and he ran a 4.34.  AD Mitchell >Worthy and its not even close IMO

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I don't want Worthy in the first.  Right now Diggs is 6', Shakir is 6',  Samuel is 5'11.  Thats a bunch of small smurfs, and Curtis is the only burner.  We need a big bodied burner X WR who can run route tree, take the top of the defense, and block.  Worthy can only do one of these, and is 6'1 172 pounds.  No thank you.  AD MItchell fits the bill- 6'4 200, and he ran a 4.34.  AD Mitchell >Worthy and its not even close IMO

AD Mitchell is gone in this. It’s great to want but what if he’s gone 

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Worthy is not 6'1 and Mitchell is not 6'4. They were listed heights. They measured 5'11 and 6'2 respectively at the Combine.

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

AD Mitchell is gone in this. It’s great to want but what if he’s gone 

if he is gone, I trade back and gain back a third.  It's a deep WR draft, we would be able to get a great WR with 1 of our first two picks, even after trade back

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Worthy is not 6'1 and Mitchell is not 6'4. They were listed heights. They measured 5'11 and 6'2 respectively at the Combine.

my bad.  Georgia , Texas and Fox all list AD at 6'4.  Even at 6'2, my point stands.  AD would be our second biggest WR, and could play the X.  We don't need anymore 5'11 WR

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

if he is gone, I trade back and gain back a third.  It's a deep WR draft, we would be able to get a great WR with 1 of our first two picks, even after trade back

I told at the beginning I don’t do trades and I made one exception. I don’t disagree in theory but your points make no sense in this post after things are pretty easily laid out 

6 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I told at the beginning I don’t do trades and I made one exception. I don’t disagree in theory but your points make no sense in this post after things are pretty easily laid out 

Usually I try to put out a couple of mocks and now seems like a good time to post one with Free Agency slowing down and before the draft. I usually don't project trades but I did here with the Vikings moving up to 5 and the Chargers moving out.  Enjoy and try to be nice haha.

Where is this pretty easily laid out?  If that board is the setup at Bills selection, I trade back.  You made a trade, which sets precedent.  Or only you can make trades?  Im sorry but I don't see where you pretty easily laid out that we cannot do trades

Edited by Pete

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Usually I try to put out a couple of mocks and now seems like a good time to post one with Free Agency slowing down and before the draft. I usually don't project trades but I did here with the Vikings moving up to 5 and the Chargers moving out.  Enjoy and try to be nice haha.

Where is this pretty easily laid out?  If that board is the setup at Bills selection, I trade back.  You made a trade, which sets precedent.  Or only you can make trades?  Im sorry but I don't see where you pretty easily laid out that we cannot do trades

I usually don’t make trades in mocks but it’s also pretty clear that the Vikings added a 2nd 1st rounder to trade up. If it helps you out put JJ McCarthy at 11 , Olu Fashanu at 5 and and the Vikings can take Mitchell for the Chargers