Bills sign Taron Johnson to 3-year $31 million extension

4 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Where did I say not to bring Johnson back?  Please show me, you can't.  What I said was move him to Safety that allows us to move to a 4-3 and put our best people on the field.

Christ this board sometimes.

So you want to take an All Pro Nickel CB and move him to Safety so that we can have a 3rd LB in Dorian Williams on the field and subtract a DB? 

Besides the madness of moving an All Pro to a different position, I think I still prefer having at least 5 DB's on the field at all times instead of 4.

This idea that's floated around the board all offseason that any CB can switch to Safety and that it a.) Happens all the time and b.) CB's are cool switching positions is out of hand.

Need a CB? You draft or sign a CB. Need a Safety? You draft or sign a Safety. You don't take a top performing young player from their natural position and switch them to another.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 3

12 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

So you want to take an All Pro Nickel CB and move him to Safety so that we can have a 3rd LB in Dorian Williams on the field and subtract a DB? 

Besides the madness of moving an All Pro to a different position, I think I still prefer having at least 5 DB's on the field at all times instead of 4.

This idea that's floated around the board all offseason that any CB can switch to Safety and that it a.) Happens all the time and b.) CB's are cool switching positions is out of hand.

Need a CB? You draft or sign a CB. Need a Safety? You draft or sign a Safety. You don't take a top performing young player from their natural position and switch them to another.

I'm not saying to move Taron to Safety BUT i would like to see if some packages with 3 LBs and Taron stays on the field.