It’s a cult

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

no idea where you get this.  I'm liberal and still want robust competition which necessarily results in winners and losers but also in innovation and motivation.  One can believe  all that yet believe in a safety net for the truly unfortunate.

I salute you for that view.  But I think that makes you a classical liberal rather than the modern progressive version.  I share a similar view of equal opportunity.  Opportunity for all but outcomes should be based on effort and achievement.  I don't believe in a survival of the fittest philosophy but I also don't believe in equality of outcomes.  I get the sense you share most if not all of this.

A core objective of DEI and Diversity is equal outcomes and that's the core of many of the social policies of the current administration and democratic party priorities.  I won't argue that past and current systems such as job hiring criteria most certainly had/have inequalities but I don't think the solution is to replace one set of inequalities for another set of inequalities and declare victory.   

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I salute you for that view.  But I think that makes you a classical liberal rather than the modern progressive version.  I share a similar view of equal opportunity.  Opportunity for all but outcomes should be based on effort and achievement.  I don't believe in a survival of the fittest philosophy but I also don't believe in equality of outcomes.  I get the sense you share most if not all of this.

A core objective of DEI and Diversity is equal outcomes and that's the core of many of the social policies of the current administration and democratic party priorities.  I won't argue that past and current systems such as job hiring criteria most certainly had/have inequalities but I don't think the solution is to replace one set of inequalities for another set of inequalities and declare victory.   

i agree with the first paragraph although I think you're describing fringe modern liberals rather than mainstream  Most all of my liberal friends share my view or something similar..

Re the second paragraph, there will never be equal outcomes because of the womb lottery.  Although it wouldn't surprise me if trump advocated for eugenics...

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever