TRADE: Mac Jones headed to the Jags

13 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

You might want to check again, we didn’t lose to Zach Wilson this past season bc of McDs D, it was Josh’s boneheaded second half that gave the game away.  But that aside, as long as the Bills keep winning the division, these teams are going to be second guessing their QB situations and shuffling through one guy after another.  Much like we had to do for almost 20 years.

We did it for 20 years with nothing to show for it. Now, we're in a pretty good spot with our franchise QB, with still nothing to show for it.

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

We did it for 20 years with nothing to show for it. Now, we're in a pretty good spot with our franchise QB, with still nothing to show for it.

Even though we haven’t won the SB yet, I’ve enjoyed four consecutive division titles.  Better than being mediocre every year, at least for me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Even though we haven’t won the SB yet, I’ve enjoyed four consecutive division titles.  Better than being mediocre every year, at least for me.

I've been a Bills fan since 1963.  Except for the great Bills AFC teams in 1964 and 1965, the Bills have NEVER been league champs.  Between 1967 and 1987 -- 21 seasons -- the Bills made the playoffs only 3 times -- in 1974 under Lou Saban and in both 1980 and 1981 under Chuck Knox.  After only missing the playoffs twice between 1988 and 1999 under Marv Levy and Wade Phillips, the Bills then managed to flounder for the next 17 zstraight seasons without making the playoffs.  FTR, that's 13 playoff seasons in 50 seasons.

Let me tell all the complainers about the Bills not yet winning a Super Bowl, that winning football games is infinitely better than losing.  Making the playoffs is infinitely better than not making them.  Winning the division is better than making the playoffs via the wild card.    Being a serious contender for the Super Bowl is infinitely better than being irrelevant to playoff discussions.

I desperately want to see the Bills win a Super Bowl before I die, but if it doesn't happen, as long as the team (ie, ownership and FO) continues to make winning football games their first priority -- which wasn't always the case, especially in the 1970s and in the 2000s until 2018 -- then I'm good with the team. 

• Thank you (+1) 1