Who are your top 10 QBs in the league

22 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It’s almost like he’s the greatest QB in the game. 

Not around here he isn’t. 

22 minutes ago, beebe said:

That's been my thesis, but somehow it gets pushback. 

Read the room my man. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

I agree. But I’m in a small minority here. 

It's kind of sad in a way. They can't imagine how the team gets tight when they actually have to PLAY against Mahomes and the Chiefs in the playoffs, but sitting at their computer or on their tablet comfy at home, they are petrified to even give the guy the credit he deserves.

Edited by FireChans
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

While I think Josh can match Mahomes at the talent level, I’m not sure if the Bills organization can support him to the same level the Chiefs do for Mahomes. I’m talking about finding talent, coaching, O and D game planning and game day strategy and play calling. Brady has to match wits with Spags for us to be successful. 

Eventually the injury bug should bite them and then maybe then we will be able to get by them.

Agree the offensive coaching staff is great (although few had that opinion this year amid all the struggles with Nagy as OC after Bieniemy departed.) 

Mahomes WRs the last two AFC championship games:

vs Bengals '22: JuJu, MVS, Marcus Kemp, Skyy Moore, Hardman, Toney

vs Ravens '23: Rice, MVS, Justin Watson, Richie James, Hardman 

This is a bottom 3 WR corps in the NFL both years. 

Edited by beebe

3 minutes ago, beebe said:

Agree the offensive coaching staff is great (although few had that opinion this year amid all the struggles with Nagy as OC after Bieniemy departed.) 

Mahomes WRs the last two AFC championship games:

vs Bengals '22: JuJu, MVS, Marcus Kemp, Skyy Moore, Hardman, Toney

vs Ravens '23: Rice, MVS, Justin Watson, Richie James, Hardman 

This is a bottom 3 WR corps in the NFL both years. 

Agree too, and yet there they go to the SB both years. Their GM has completely remade their team. They have a great defense now, a good run game, lousy receivers with a great QB and TE. GM and coaching are a big part of their success.

1 hour ago, beebe said:

The Bills D isn't as bad as they're being portrayed. Last I checked, they had essentially full access to their defensive line vs the Chiefs (Daquan Jones returned a week prior), they had their two starting safeties (Hyde and Poyer) and their two best CBs (Douglas and Johnson). Bernard was the biggest notable absence, and the Chiefs took advantage of Klein no doubt. But Mahomes/Kelce ran circles around the elite Ravens D

This is the most uneducated collection of statements I've ever seen on this board. Suffice it to say, you have no idea what you're talking about.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is the most uneducated collection of statements I've ever seen on this board. Suffice it to say, you have no idea what you're talking about.

what am i missing? the way this board talks, you'd think the bills were missing ed reed, ray lewis and lawrence taylor. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

"Ran circles" around the Ravens D. Chiefs had 8 consecutive drives of:

Turnover on downs

Punt

FG

Punt

Punt

Punt

Punt

Punt

Ran circles. Get outta here with that crap.

I said Mahomes/Kelce did, not the entire Chiefs offense. Mahomes targeted Kelce 11 times vs the Ravens, completed all 11 passes, for 116 yards and a TD. Look at all their game-by-game stats in the last six years in the playoffs. Kelce has played the equivalent of a full regular season with Mahomes in the playoffs (17 games). 133 receptions, 1,516 yards, 18 touchdowns.

People here act like there is a Bills LB on the roster that would have slowed Kelce down. No linebacker or safety in the league has slowed him down in the playoffs since Mahomes came to town. 

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

"Ran circles" around the Ravens D. Chiefs had 8 consecutive drives of:

Turnover on downs

Punt

FG

Punt

Punt

Punt

Punt

Punt

Ran circles. Get outta here with that crap.

They were up two scores for almost every drive listed there. There was probably a focus to not force it and give the Ravens a turnover and some life. Something we have seen other elite QB’s unfortunately do.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, beebe said:

what am i missing? the way this board talks, you'd think the bills were missing ed reed, ray lewis and lawrence taylor. 

Let's break it down line by line.

Last I checked, they had essentially full access to their defensive line vs the Chiefs (Daquan Jones returned a week prior)

This is the one thing you said that has merit. The DL was healthy and underperformed relative to expectations.

they had their two starting safeties (Hyde and Poyer)

Why does this matter? Hyde and Poyer have both been well below their standards this year. I doubt either will be on the roster next year. When we say the defense stunk, we're including the safety play within that.

their two best CBs (Douglas and Johnson)

Sure, Douglas limping around the field definitely means our defense was close to full strength. Nice try. Christian Benford being replaced by Dane Jackson, who had the 2nd worst performance on the defense, isn't worth bringing up according to you. Get outta here with this crap.

Bernard was the biggest notable absence, and the Chiefs took advantage of Klein no doubt.

Oh yeah, they "took advantage" of Klein alright. I appreciate your attempt to minimize this by lumping it in with the rest. Klein had one of the worst individual defensive performances I've ever seen in a playoff game. It harkened back to a Mike Hughes performance in a game you might have watched two years ago. I recall a mediocre WR racking up Randy Moss like stats as a result. Yes one absolutely terrible no-business-being-on-the-field defensive player can single handedly ruin the game for everybody else. That was Klein in this one, with an honorable mention going to Dane Jackson.

The Bills D isn't as bad as they're being portrayed.

Get outta here with that crap.

Edited by HappyDays

Let's break it down line by line.

This is the one thing you said that has merit. The DL was healthy underperformed relative to expectations.

Why does this matter? Hyde and Poyer have both been well below their standards this year. I doubt either will be on the roster next year. When we say the defense stunk, we're including the safety play within that.

Sure, Douglas limping around the field definitely means our defense was close to full strength. Nice try. Christian Benford being replaced by Dane Jackson, who had the 2nd worst performance on the defense, isn't worth bringing up according to you. Get outta here with this crap.

Oh yeah, they "took advantage" of Klein alright. I appreciate your attempt to minimize this by lumping it in with the rest. Klein had one of the worst individual defensive performances I've ever seen in a playoff game. It harkened back to a Mike Hughes performance in a game you might have watched two years ago. I recall a mediocre WR racking up Randy Moss like stats as a result. Yes one absolutely terrible no-business-being-on-the-field defensive player can single handedly ruin the game for everybody else. That was Klein in this one, with an honorable mention going to Dane Jackson.

Get outta here with that crap.

Not a very persuasive rebuttal to the "most uneducated collection of statements" you've ever read. Should have just taken your L and moved on. 😂

11 minutes ago, beebe said:

I said Mahomes/Kelce did, not the entire Chiefs offense. Mahomes targeted Kelce 11 times vs the Ravens, completed all 11 passes, for 116 yards and a TD. Look at all their game-by-game stats in the last six years in the playoffs. Kelce has played the equivalent of a full regular season with Mahomes in the playoffs (17 games). 133 receptions, 1,516 yards, 18 touchdowns.

People here act like there is a Bills LB on the roster that would have slowed Kelce down. No linebacker or safety in the league has slowed him down in the playoffs since Mahomes came to town. 

No offensive player "runs circles" around an opposing defense while getting shut out for an entire half. If you want to say they ran circles around the Ravens D for 2 quarters, go for it. Football is played in 4 quarters.

Your point is wrong. You're trying to argue Mahomes and the Chiefs offense are simply unstoppable and there is nothing the Bills defense could have done to slow them down. You're trying to argue the defensive injuries didn't matter. This is obviously on the face of it incorrect. Gee, what happened to the Chiefs offense after those other playoff games you cited (while ignoring that Tyreek Hill was on the field but we'll let that slide)? They must have run circles around their following opponents, right?

No offensive player "runs circles" around an opposing defense while getting shut out for an entire half. If you want to say they ran circles around the Ravens D for 2 quarters, go for it. Football is played in 4 quarters.

Your point is wrong. You're trying to argue Mahomes and the Chiefs offense are simply unstoppable and there is nothing the Bills defense could have done to slow them down. You're trying to argue the defensive injuries didn't matter. This is obviously on the face of it incorrect. Gee, what happened to the Chiefs offense after those other playoff games you cited (while ignoring that Tyreek Hill was on the field but we'll let that slide)? They must have run circles around their following opponents, right?

The Bills defense has never been able to stop KC's offense in the playoffs. In fact, the three worst defensive playoff performances of the McDermott era have all come against the Chiefs. In two occasions, Klein was nowhere to be seen. But please keep cranking the excuse machine. 

1 minute ago, beebe said:

The Bills defense has never been able to stop KC's offense in the playoffs.

Couldn't agree more. What is your point? If you want to hop on the Fire McDermott train with me, there are plenty of seats available.

Couldn't agree more. What is your point? If you want to hop on the Fire McDermott train with me, there are plenty of seats available.

The Bills don't have a McDermott problem. They have a keep-running-into-Mahomes-problem. 

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.