2020s Buffalo Bills are The Miami Dolphins of the 90s

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Not only Mahomes. We also have to worry about Burrow next year, Lamar, and possibly Herbert if he gets competent coaching. Buffalo would have a chance if they were in the NFC, but the AFC is just a gauntlet of great QBs. 

Now adding Stroud too. This was our year. Lamar just doesn't scare me. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Beast said:

You’re talking one ***** bounce on one play in  63 year franchise history. I think everyone in this thread besides you realize what I meant when I said you need to have luck to lose it. 

And that’s all it takes… could have been called “The bounce to the Super Bowl”

No different than a wide right in terms of one game defining play. Just as pivotal as the second wide right to crush a SB dream. 

It stopped KC going up 10. We had 2 chances after that to score; tie and win the game. Should be coming away with at least 6 points on 2 drives. 

You can’t see that bounce being luck we wasted, then cool. 

18 minutes ago, BBFL said:

The ball bouncing out the EZ instead of the sideline isn’t luck? 

Dude. Again. After the epic choice of running with Damar Hamlin instead of Josh on 4th down deserved us to lose the game. 

Poyer made a great play but the luck came with where the ball bounced. If you don’t believe so then you’ve never played contact football enough to be on the wrong end of a bounce. 

Long after we are all dust and bones, this is what will be remembered of the 2023/4 Buffalo Bills. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I'd say the KC/BUF = NE/IND comparison is MUCH more apt.

We aren't losing our division like the Dolphins were.

We aren't losing by more than a FG to the Chiefs typically when we do lose to them.

We'll get them a couple times in this era (my opinion)

Also, F*** Miami

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, dorquemada said:

Long after we are all dust and bones, this is what will be remembered of the 2023/4 Buffalo Bills. 

Such a weird f—-in’ play. 

They were trying to get Damar his Comeback Player of the Year award… there is nothing else to it for that choice of play…

If the Bills are the Dolphins of the 90's I have another comparison.

Josh Allen is Karl Malone of the NBA.  Dude is a Hall of Famer, and made the playoffs every season i think. He would have at least a couple Championship rings, but alas, he had to run into Michael Jordan in the finals.   Mahomes is our Jordan.  Malone ended his career with no rings.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.