The offseason

khlax3

Curious to see what everyone would like to realistically see happen this off-season. Here are my initial thoughts: 

Draft picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd (comp), 4th, 5th (gb), 5th, 6th (LAR), 6th (Houston), 6th, 7th

Coaching:

-Hire Brady as OC and give him an offseason to implement his offense

-ST was brutal this year I think you need to make a change her

-Hire a QB coach

- I would keep McDermott as HC/DC but I think you need to bring in someone else as assistant HC to help alleviate some of the tasks on MCdermott (Ron Rivera seems logical here)

Offense:

-OL: I would bring everyone back including David Edwards (hopefully on a similar deal to this year). Edwards filled that 6th lineman big TE role perfectly. The line played well this year and keeping them together will only help

- TE: Knox and Kincaid are both going to be here. Morris is a FA if he will come back at vet minimum I bring him back if not use one of your late round picks on a TE to round out the depth chart.

-QB: Allen is here and you restructure him to free up over 20 million in cap space. Personally I think it’s time to use a 5th or 6th round pick on a qb who we have under contract for 4 years and that is cheap. If Allen is hurt it doesn’t matter who the backup is.

-RB: Cook proved he could be a RB1 this year and I really like Johnson to come back as an RB2/3 on a minimum deal. Once again using a 4th to 6th round pick to fill out this depth chart. Brady will also need to decide if he needs a fullback if he doesn’t I let Gilliam go. Hines is clearly a cut due to cap savings 

-WR this is where the big changes come on offense. Diggs and Shakir are a solid start and I thing you let Isabella, shorter, kj hamler compete for that 5th/6th wr role but I think you double dip in the draft 1st round and 5th/6th round as well as bring in a mid tier vet (going to be limited due to cap space and if you bring in a Rd1 guy they would be your wr 4. I would be looking at guys like Josh Reynolds, Kendrick Bourne, Nelson Aguilar, Curtis Samuel. I would really like Michael Pittman but he will be way to expensive).

Defense:

-Saftey: this is tough but I think it’s time to say goodbye to poyer and Hyde. Hamlin also needs to go. Cutting poyer I would use his money to sign Jeremy Chin or kyle Duggar. I bring back Rapp on a small contract and I use a Day 2 draft pick on a saftey. Cam Lewis or a late draft pick can be your 4th saftey. Your likely to take a step back at this position with poyer and Hyde gone but it’s time to turn the page.

CB: I would extend Douglass and Johnson to lower their cap hits. Benford is your other starter and I keep Elam for one more year as a backup. I think Dane Jackson will be gone and Tre is the tricky one. I think you try to renegotiate his contract to lower the cap hit and provide incentives if not he has to be a cut at his current rate.if Jackson and white are gonna we are going to have to sign a cheaper vet to round out depth chart. 
LB: If Dodson will resign at a relatively small deal I think your set with Bernard, Milano, Dodson, Spector, Williams.

DL: This position is going to need a lot. You have Von, Groot, and Oliver. I think you try to resign jones if it’s reasonable. You’re also going to have to sign a DT free agent and use a day 2 pick on one. As far as DE goes I think brining lawson back makes sense on a minimum deal. If we can get Floyd back on a 2 year 18-20 million dollar deal with a void year I also probably do that then have Kingsley jonothan and a late draft pick compete for that 5th d end spot.

Next year will be tough the team will look a lot different and we need to start getting younger and get cap in better shape for the next run. Next year is the year to do it to get ready for 2025.Miami will then have to pay tua and tyreek will be old and, Rodgers will retire, and Reid and Kelce will also be near the end. The goal should be to build for 2025.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills back 7 should look much better than what we saw yesterday by just getting players healthy.

That, and an upgrade at WR, and I see no reason, other than injuries, as to why the Bills shouldn’t be contending again next season.

Edited by Beast

Not sure why this off-season will be tough. We went 6-1 down the stretch with a group where only Hyde, epenesa, floyd, and jones are free agents.  Young players stepped up all over the roster.  We are probably in better shape than every other contender who doesn’t have a QB on a rookie deal.   

1. Get younger and cheaper.

2. Get a receiver who can separate and actually catch a long ball.

3. Find, my God, finally find a GAMEWRECKER on the D Line. EVERY remaining team has at least one.

Edited by theRalph

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.