I was convinced the football gods were helping us

I was sitting in my man cave with my buddy totally engrossed in the game when we had the weird series of events that started with the FAKE PUNT.

When KC stopped us and then drove the ball down for what appeared to be a rushing touchdown, and then upon further review it was fumbled out of the end zone, we looked at each other and both said " The football gods are willing us to victory!".

I swear, for the first time in a very long time it seemed the breaks were finally going our way in a game!

And then, the missed "wide right #2" field goal......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Returntoglory said:

I was sitting in my man cave with my buddy totally engrossed in the game when we had the weird series of events that started with the FAKE PUNT.

When KC stopped us and then drove the ball down for what appeared to be a rushing touchdown, and then upon further review it was fumbled out of the end zone, we looked at each other and both said " The football gods are willing us to victory!".

I swear, for the first time in a very long time it seemed the breaks were finally going our way in a game!

I just wonder was the pit fed this week or nah?

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Returntoglory said:

Agreed. We got THE pivotal officiating decision overturned in our favor. Against KC. On a play where I found nothing even close to clear evidence that the call on the field was wrong. The stupidity of the fake punt was negated. Status quo restored. We're gonna win! 

And then ...

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

I just wonder was the pit fed this week or nah?

The pit just doesn't demand fed, it demands blood.

I have a source (Dr. Jerome Silberman) inside the ECMC Emergency Room that has informed me that, despite no reports shared by local media, they have seen a patient that has fallen into the pit on EVERY SINGLE GAMEDAY since the start of the Bills 5 game win streak.pic.twitter.com/S1HlXaI6C1

Someone didn't try hard enough.

Edited by Bferra13
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

They lift you up only before sending you crashing back to reality.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I had 100% confidence we were scoring a TD with minimal time left. Punting after the endzone fumble and then stopping them multiple times including the PI penalty, it was set up perfect. And then it was over and no one knew what to do and just walked out of the stadium in silence.

10 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

The gods were helping. Then we pissed on logic with that fake punt attempt, 10 men or not -- ridiculous field position -- ridiculous execution.  Nothing was ever the same after that possession despite the Chiefs not scoring again.  We had three more offensive possessions.  Confidence was gone, so were the breaks.

When the fake punt happened, my confidence was gone.  As someone else has said, it was a moment that made me ashamed to be a Bills fan.

I would imagine many on the team had the same feelings. Coupled with the asshat who made the call to go into this game with a gimp punter, the gods were not amused.

Edited by rm -rf /*
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

While that stadium sits on an old Native American burial ground, nothing is going to change. Luckily In a few years the stadium will move and that hopefully will end this chapter and the curse.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.