Fake punt!?

I’m fine with the idea of a fake punt in that spot. Especially since I don’t think we’ve run one in years.

But the execution was terrible. Hamlin was motioning weird before the snap, which tipped that something was up. Then the play itself never had a chance.

Basically if you are going to call that play there, you better have a flawless implementation and execution ready to go, which they obviously didn’t.

Edited by DapperCam
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, GoBills! said:

They were hoping it was like a charity play where they let the kid score and acted like they all can’t catch him…. Make a wish campaign for damar. 

I am ready for Damar to move on, I’m happy he is alive and well but we need better… 

This is a pretty mean joke but it made me laugh out loud on this dreary day!! I feel the same way. I wish him well but he isnt an NFL caliber player.

5 hours ago, DapperCam said:

I’m fine with the idea of a fake punt in that spot. Especially since I don’t think we’ve run one in years.

But the execution was terrible. Hamlin was motioning weird before the snap, which tipped that something was up. Then the play itself never had a chance.

Basically if you are going to call that play there, you better have a flawless implementation and execution ready to go, which they obviously didn’t.

Whats incredible about the Bills is how bad they were on gadget plays under Dorsey and even last night under Brady. I dont mind the decision to fake it but the scheme and the execution was absolute crap. It looked like it was improvised in the dirt! On the only other gadget play they have tried this year ( a flea flicker) they completely botched it as well, like they never practiced it.  They looked like a HS team out there (actually worse). Under Dabol the Bills were masters of the gadget plays and executed them really well. Take a look at this punt vs the Pats. Its superb! thats how you execute a fake punt, not that idiotic crap like last night!

12 hours ago, jhh9327 said:

Why do you have to punt on 4th and 5?  At half field it's almost a guarantee you stay out and go for it, but 20 yards back it isn't an option?  I agree that we needed to keep the ball, but there is no way a called fake punt (versus an audible based on coverage) is a better option than just keeping Josh out on the field.      

Agree, I would have been on board to let Josh have at it on 4th and 5 rather than that fake punt nonsense.

We def needed to keep the ball at that point, are defense wasn’t stopping anything. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.