First Time At The Ralph

meazza

Hey guys, i dont post here too often but i read a lot, just wanted to say i got 4 tickets on the 25 yard line 2nd row against the chiefs... im from montreal and im going with one of my friends who is a big chiefs fan, he seems to think his new revamped defence will contain ours :P:flirt: anyway it will be the first time at the ralph and im really excited to see the bills live like most of you have had the opportunity of doing.

anyways just venting my excitement ;)

Make sure your friend wears Cheifs colors, and maybe brings a sign that says something like "BILLS SUCK!"  He'll be sure to get a special welcome to RWS.  :flirt:

355960[/snapback]

well he told me hes gonna wear his priest holmes jersey but hes not dumb, he'll behave cuz he knows he'll get his ass whooped

how is the weather in buffalo in early november? in degrees celsius

well he told me hes gonna wear his priest holmes jersey but hes not dumb, he'll behave cuz he knows he'll get his ass whooped

355961[/snapback]

in early november? Honestly, it could be 20 (Fahrenheit) or 50. Which in bizzaro degrees (Celsius), would be anywhere between -7 to +10.

355961[/snapback]

Roll the dice - you could see anything from 20c and sunny to lake-effect, although recent November games haven't been as bad as one might think.

I did some research for another Chiefs fan (who ended up not getting tickets - scared it was going to be ccccold, boo-hoo), and had to go back 10 years before I found an actual "snow" game in (late) November.

Best advice? Be prepared, bring layers, rain/wind gear, etc. - while most of the games in the last 10 years have been no colder than the 5-10 degree (celsius) range, you can probably count on a slight breeze off Lake Erie.

(Sarcasm there. That 'breeze' can get up to 50kph right quick. If you saw the Miami or Arizona games last season, you get the idea.)

And be sure to stop by Lot 1!

Hey guys, i dont post here too often but i read a lot, just wanted to say i got 4 tickets on the 25 yard line 2nd row against the chiefs... im from montreal and im going with one of my friends who is a big chiefs fan, he seems to think his new revamped defence will contain ours   :P  :flirt:  anyway it will be the first time at the ralph and im really excited to see the bills live like most of you have had the opportunity of doing. 

anyways just venting my excitement ;)

355956[/snapback]

LOL, welcome to the longest period of your life. Going to the Ralph for the first time, and having to wait about 5 months or so (seems like 10 months Canadian) to do it is really gonna suck for you. Hang in there, it will be a great time!!!

lol

well considering that in january here it goes almost up to -40 degrees celcius which makes buffalo look like a sunny resort i should be ok, it was just that here in montreal in November the weather is sh-------, like rain then it freezes etc lol

ya it sucks to wait 5 months but i picked a nice time, hopefully at that point we'll be in the run for a playoff berth and JP should be established in his new offence

lol

well considering that in january here it goes almost up to -40 degrees celcius which makes buffalo look like a sunny resort i should be ok, it was just that here in montreal in November the weather is sh-------, like rain then it freezes etc lol

ya it sucks to wait 5 months but i picked a nice time, hopefully at that point we'll be in the run for a playoff berth and JP should be established in his new offence

355998[/snapback]

Yeah, based on my last trip to your fair province, I figured telling you to 'dress warm' wouldn't make much sense. :flirt:

Seriously, though, I'd worry more about the windspeed than the temperature. Especially if you're in the upper deck...

lol

355998[/snapback]

It's offense... :flirt:

great

cant wait to see you guys there

is it anything like giants stadium ( the only other american venue ive been to) cuz in montreal we have the olympic stadium and bell centre and there isnt really much space to tailgate but i noticed that a lot of venues in the US have a huge parking lot so you guys could get wasted and barbecue

lol

355998[/snapback]

You know the great thing about -40 C is? It's also -40 F.

:flirt:

is it anything like giants stadium ( the only other american venue ive been to)

Not really.... Giants Stadium is surrounded by highways & sort of impersonal.

The Ralph is actually in a neighborhood and feels much more 'college-like'. You'll like it. :flirt:

great

cant wait to see you guys there

is it anything like giants stadium ( the only other american venue ive been to) cuz in montreal we have the olympic stadium and bell centre and there isnt really much space to tailgate but i noticed that a lot of venues in the US have a huge parking lot so you guys could get wasted and barbecue

356043[/snapback]

Congrats on the upcoming visit.

Far as I am concerned RWS is a friggin shine.

Make sure you get there early to take a long walk around the lots.

It is almost as fun as the game itself.

Remember to bring the proper food to tailgate for pre and postgame.

Pregame is usually sausage, chicken, anything that smells great on the grill.

Post game is a good time to heat up some previously prepared chili on the grill.

You also grill the remainder of the food you have left that you did not eat during

the pregame.

It is always in good form to offer anything that you have left on the grill that you are not going to eat, to random unknown passers by.

Word of caution...Not a good idea to have your buddy wear the Chiefs uni.

Make sure you have proper space to make a quick exit out of your seat in case things start to get out of hand.

Enjoy!

I refuse to except the metric system! They tried to force it on us in the seventies, and we said NO! (Man, am I the only one who really misses the flip off smilie?) Why would you want an odd number like 0 to be the freezing point, when something like 32 makes so much sense. And all of those multiples of 10. Stupid 1000 meter kilometers. Everybody knows a mile is ummm...bad example. Why don't we measure things in rods any more?