Bills rest starters?

5 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

If this scenario plays out:

Ravens beat Steelers, Jags beat Titans, Texans beat Colts.

with a win the Bills would be #2 and host the Texans

with a loss the Bills are #6 and travel to KC

Does anyone who actually watches football think that the Chiefs are a better team than the Texans?  They’re not.  The Texans, even in Buffalo, are a faaaaaaaaar greater threat.  In addition there would be a great scheduling advantage in the 2024 by finishing 2nd.

The ONLY two reasons for playing starters would be some foolish pride over a division title.  That’s a hard pass.  And:

Concern about having to play the Ravens in the Divisional round instead of the AFCCG.  I can see this one but you’d probably have to play them at some point anyway.

Conclusion: Sit ‘em, and it’s not close.  The fish might do the same though.  Skylar vs. Kyle?  It’d be fun watching Collinsworth explain, right?  He’d say right 900 times right?

You are joking right! Giving up the chance to play two playoff games at home where the bills are almost unbeatable. I think you must still be drunk from New Year’s Eve. Most ridiculous post I have ever read here on two bills drive!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

Give me the 2 spot and play Indy/Texans and let Miami go out and beat KC. Thats the best path we have is 2 easier home games with young or dome QBs with little playoff experience. Resting players so we can likely play 3 road games is a very bad idea. 

FYI- the shoulder Josh hit wasn’t his throwing shoulder….

7 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

If this scenario plays out:

Ravens beat Steelers, Jags beat Titans, Texans beat Colts.

with a win the Bills would be #2 and host the Texans

with a loss the Bills are #6 and travel to KC

Does anyone who actually watches football think that the Chiefs are a better team than the Texans?  They’re not.  The Texans, even in Buffalo, are a faaaaaaaaar greater threat.  In addition there would be a great scheduling advantage in the 2024 by finishing 2nd.

The ONLY two reasons for playing starters would be some foolish pride over a division title.  That’s a hard pass.  And:

Concern about having to play the Ravens in the Divisional round instead of the AFCCG.  I can see this one but you’d probably have to play them at some point anyway.

Conclusion: Sit ‘em, and it’s not close.  The fish might do the same though.  Skylar vs. Kyle?  It’d be fun watching Collinsworth explain, right?  He’d say right 900 times right?

That wasn’t sugar that you added to your coffee.  I know it was white but it wasn’t sweet….

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.