Damar Hamlin as leading candidate for AP NFL Comeback Player of the Year receiving fan blowback

chongli

I would give it to Flacco simply for the impact he's had for the Browns. He also came directly off of the couch to lead the Browns to the Playoffs. Damar is a great story, but he's done nothing on the field or for this team as it relates to the game of football itself. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

I here, so I'm a pretty huge Bills fan. And I love Hamlin. Great kid and I'm so very thrilled for him...

But I still think Flacco deserves the award. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associated_Press_NFL_Comeback_Player_of_the_Year_Award

While the criteria for the award is imprecise,[1] it is typically given to a player who overcomes adversity to return to a remarkable level of performance, such as from not playing the previous season, injury, or for playing well in comparison to the previous year's poor performance.[2] If a player can come back from such adversity or play at a high level over the previous year, they will usually be favored to win the award. 

*** I quoted the wrong post, but my point still stands … Hamlin is barely one step above a PS player. Nothing remarkable or high level about anything he’s done this season (or ever, really). ***

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.