Albany/Clifton Park NY - Where to Watch? (also my 40th bday)

HardyBoy

Patrick’s Pub in watervliet should have it. Not an official Bills Backers location but the bartender told me they get a good crowd for Bills games. 

McGeary’s is the official Bills backers bar of Albany. Get there early it’ll be standing room only about a half hour before kickoff. 

5 hours ago, faderphreak said:

I suspect I am aging myself here but I don’t give a triple F, I miss the Arc in Watervliet. I don’t know if that place is even still around but at one point, before DirectTV, or even the internet, it was the only bar in the Capital region that had all the games, so it felt like anyone who rooted for a team that wasn’t the Giants or Jets that lived within 45 min. would watch the games there.

I don’t miss the place itself so much as the experience, as they twice food poisoned my buddy who would often join me on the trek from MA. undercooked sausage and pepper subs will get ya!.  It was a big time sports bar before that was even a thing. 

Irrelevant to this discussion but good memories.  

I remember when the Arc had the big satellites there.  Then I went there for a preseason game & they only had the small dishes & I raced up the Northway with 2 of my friends going 80 MPH until we got to Saratoga to a bar that still had the big satellites.  A few years later the Arc closed.  I haven't been on that road in years, so I have no idea what they did with the building.  

One memory I had was going to the Arc to watch the season finale in 1994 vs the Colts.  I was with a Jets fan & I was rooting for the Bills to lose for a higher pick since the season finale was meaningless.  The Bills lost & picked Ruben Brown at pick 14.   

On 12/23/2023 at 3:59 PM, Albany,n.y. said:

I remember when the Arc had the big satellites there.  Then I went there for a preseason game & they only had the small dishes & I raced up the Northway with 2 of my friends going 80 MPH until we got to Saratoga to a bar that still had the big satellites.  A few years later the Arc closed.  I haven't been on that road in years, so I have no idea what they did with the building.  

One memory I had was going to the Arc to watch the season finale in 1994 vs the Colts.  I was with a Jets fan & I was rooting for the Bills to lose for a higher pick since the season finale was meaningless.  The Bills lost & picked Ruben Brown at pick 14.   

Good Times!  I did that Saratoga run a time or two as well back in those days.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.