Debunking false narrative that von miller was offside on 4th down play

dave mcbride

I find it funny all the talk this morning is about an offside call where the receiver was clearly in the wrong. If this call was against one of our own, say Deonte Harty (as it was in an earlier game), my rage wouldn’t be directed at officiating, I’d be pissed at Harty for not knowing where he was on the field. Chiefs fans anger is misplaced. 

Im upset Kelce was allowed to get that open on the crossers. Where’s the DB communication? Even if it’s man, if someone crosses your face that tight, stay to your side, switch responsibilities. It’s like defenders on a basketball court. It was ridiculous one of them got picked off with no other DB in the picture. What is the secondary coach teaching his players?

Edited by JayBaller10

8 minutes ago, T master said:

I listened to all i could stand of a interview of homes complaining about th out come of the game being changed in his mind by a ticky tac call that they made about Toney being off sides by a little & then Andy Reid saying his hand was over the line . OMG !!!

The dude was lined up in the neutral zone how much more blatant did it need to be to guy was OFF SIDES Mahomes get over it . It sucks when calls are actually made that are for real & relevant to the game . 

Mahomes is still mad about last week vs the packers and is trying to make it look like it happened to them twice in a row imo 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Typically the officials only tell them if they ask...you will see the WR point at the official or give them a "thumbs up" sign to ask "Am I good?" and then you will see the official either nod or give them a move back hand motion.  Toney never did that, he was looking at the ball the entire time which makes it even more mind boggling since he HAD to know he was offside.

Not only that, but that usually happens when the receiver is split way wide and close to the official, but not close to the ball.  Toney was just off the line AND the nose of the ball was conveniently right at the hash mark, and Toney is just off the other hash mark, so it should be obvious.

41 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It was almost never called before this year, which is what people were mad about most likely...been called 11 times(12 with Toney's) this year versus twice last year and once the year before...it's a point of emphasis for the NFL this year, not sure why teams are surprised in Week 14.

It was also called last night in the Eagles-Cowboys game, so that makes 13 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.