An annoying thing with merging threads/topics

Bills fan since 87

Firstly, I understand why it's done and often its certainly needed.  However occasionaly I will see a title for a thread that was merged that intrigues me.  The problem is when I click it it brings me to the beginning the the thread it got merged with, burying the topic/post somewhere in multiple pages.  Is there a work around for this that I don't know about that will bring me not to the beginning of the original topic but rather to the post of the merged thread?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I 100% agree.  Merging so many threads together has made it nearly impossible to find the most recent news on a topic.  You have to start at the back of the back of a page and the go back until you can find the original post.  It makes the inexperience incredibly inefficient and hard to navigate.

I never saw a problem with multiple threads on the same topic as long as it wasn’t the same *exact* topic repeated twice.  

@Bills fan since 87 we salute you 🍻

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Firstly, I understand why it's done and often its certainly needed.  However occasionally I will see a title for a thread that was merged that intrigues me.  The problem is when I click it it brings me to the beginning the the thread it got merged with, burying the topic/post somewhere in multiple pages.  Is there a work around for this that I don't know about that will bring me not to the beginning of the original topic but rather to the post of the merged thread?

I'm not aware of a workaround for it as it does the same thing to me.

You may rest assuredly though that if a thread was merged into an existing one, that it had no no new or relevant information and 90% of the time the "thread" that was merged was nothing more than a sentence or two from a poster who either couldn't be bothered to to use the existing thread or more often than not was created by somebody who just wanted their opinion to take precedence over everybody else's. 

Trust me, you're not missing anything. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Simon locked this topic