I may be addicted to Quizno's Subs

Did you know that A&J's now has a place in Cleveland?  2004 Playmate of the Year, Carmella DeCesare is a frequent customer.  They have also opened up a restaurant there.  I'm good friends with the family. 

Try the Chicken Wing Pizza.

353732[/snapback]

Same family as the one in Olean? I've been eating their subs since I was knee high to a grasshopper. :w00t: I can't wait to go home even if it's only for a couple days. :w00t:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paying less and getting a smaller portion size, what a concept!  Won't fly in this "super-size" e society.  Oh wait! :w00t:

Where do you pay less and get a smaller portion size? I think it's smaller portion size for more money at Quiznos. It's just better quality food.

And something tells me Quiznos will be lessening the quality of their food once they gain even the tiniest blip of the market.  That's the way it always works.   

The circle of business. Doesn't matter what the industry is.

It's called "adapting."  I'm sure if Subway continued to lose market share and DIDN'T start toasting their subs, you'd be criticizing them for NOT doing so.  And I'd be willing to bet that the ass kicking will be going to other way now.  The Quiznos that opened near me is dead compared to the Subway, and compared to when it first opened.

The novelty of everything wears off. At the end of the day, it's a sandwich. I'm always surprised when people are willing to pay so much for something they can make at their house in 2 minutes.

BTW I like both, even though I haven't had a toasted Subway sub yet.

353734[/snapback]

Toasted Subway isn't toasted Quiznos - that's for sure. I had a roasted chicken Subway sandwich for lunch yesterday - it sure doesn't compare to the Honey Bourbon chicken at the Q - even if it does cost over $1 more.

POTBELLY!!!!!  In VA they have a place called potbelly and it's the best subs in the world!!

353753[/snapback]

I went to a Potbelly's in Manasses, and it was very good.

Subway is much less expensive and much better quality, plus you can put whatever you want on your subs...you end up getting more for your money. At Quiznos you get what it says on the menu and anything else is extra cash. Plus you can toast your subs at Subway now.

353672[/snapback]

I like that Italian herb and cheese roll. Usually get the turkey or the veggie sub. Love the taste.

I can't believe that there are actually Buffalonians raving about the quality of Quisno or Subway subs (national chains). And here I am, dreaming about a John & Mary's capicola or Italian sausage! :w00t: Unfair!

is there a hardees where you live?

there thick burgers are the best ever made by a fast food place.

ever see that commercial where the girl is riding a machanical bull while eating it.. :w00t:

I can't believe that there are actually Buffalonians raving about the quality of Quisno or Subway subs (national chains). And here I am, dreaming about a John & Mary's capicola or Italian sausage!  :w00t:  Unfair!

353798[/snapback]

The best local place is Mikes Subs on Deleware Ave. in Kenmore. The Subs are fantastic.

My cousin owns the Quizno's that is being built in Springville.

Had to put his beautiful house up to get the franchise.

He hopes it will be a big hit in Springville.

Most of the ones near me do so/so biz.

Always seems Subway is busier.

Oh Well.

The best local place is Mikes Subs on Deleware Ave. in Kenmore. The Subs are fantastic.

353838[/snapback]

Here in the Lehigh Valley we have Wally's Deli. They make sandwiches called HOGS.

They're on round rolls that are more like LOAVES of bread, and they're about 4 inches thick. MMMM good.

And they use only boar's head meats. Fantastic.

353838[/snapback]

I agree. They've been in business for a long time. There was a pretty good place on Elmwood a bit north of Buff State, just a bit before you got to Volker's Lanes.

I can't recall the name - I think they're long gone.

Same family as the one in Olean? I've been eating their subs since I was knee high to a grasshopper. 

353739[/snapback]

Yup. Their son-in-law (a guy I've known forever) got it in his head that the area where they lived was in dire need of an A&J's. He got some investors together, brought out some other Olean people to run it, and there you go. They started the other restaurant a couple years later. I was there last October and things are going well.

Did you know that A&J's now has a place in Cleveland?  2004 Playmate of the Year, Carmella DeCesare is a frequent customer.

353732[/snapback]

that's it, i'm moving to cleveland. :w00t:

Had my first Quiznos sub in Lakeland, FL several years ago. I like them much better than Subway, regardless of the cost. I never mind paying more for a better product.

I just wish we had a Quiznos nearby.

BEST WESTERN NEW YORK SUBS:

JOHN AND MARY'S

MIKE'S

AJ'S IN OLEAN

AUNT COOKIES IN GENESEO

353925[/snapback]

Yes, John & Mary's gets my vote too. It's the rolls. Does anyone know if Mary is still living? Two years ago, she was still making subs at the J&M on Transit Road in Depew. She said she was ready to quit though. Sweet lady! She had to be about 85, since she and her husband were running the first place (called simply "Johnny's) on Harlem (?) when I first discovered them in about 1958! And they were no kids then. Johnny passed away at least 25 years ago. I remember him as always working over a hot grill wearing a dirty white tee shirt. Nice, overweight guy who, come to think of it, looked a lot like my avatar! Oh and for the record, a capicola sub (called a "regular" back then) cost 50 cents! Sigh! :w00t: