Bills at Eagles 1996

Buffalo03

16 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Jim Kelly as QB really hurt the Bills toward the end of 1995 and 1996.  During this time his body was breaking down but he was tough (and stubborn) as hell and stuck it out.  In 1996, he was especially bad.  

The Bills defense during these years was probably the most talented unit Kelly ever teamed with.  Unfortunately, the offense hit a lull around this time. 

Never appreciated him as a kid but he has a very cool announcer voice.  

Yeah, seeing those Kelly stats at the beginning of this game coming into it 4TDs and 12INTs. Yikes. He ended with 14TDs and 19INTs. He was definitely at the end of his career 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Jim Kelly as QB really hurt the Bills toward the end of 1995 and 1996.  During this time his body was breaking down but he was tough (and stubborn) as hell and stuck it out.  In 1996, he was especially bad.  

The Bills defense during these years was probably the most talented unit Kelly ever teamed with.  Unfortunately, the offense hit a lull around this time. 

Never appreciated him as a kid but he has a very cool announcer voice.  

This is a very good point. I was old enough to appreciate how great Kelly was in his prime and how crushing it was that the Bills never achieved a championship with him or the other "generational talents" on those teams. But even by 1994 he was well on the downswing.  I think like a lot of Bills fans of that era I thought that karma would finally give us a break and we would win a SB, but unfortunately that crew never could get it done.  The real rude awakening about Kelly for me happened in that loss to the Steelers in the Playoffs of the 1995 season. He wasnt the same player in that crucial game. In the 1996 season his TD passes just went off a cliff and even a deluded fan like me could see it was over. I actually went to the playoff game vs the Jags where Kelly was carted off. Sad way to wrap up a career!

As for Charlie Jones, he was awesome! Don Criqui and Dick Enberg as well were great. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/25/2023 at 11:38 AM, RiotAct said:

thanks for posting this full game!

had no clue Eric Moulds was on the team in ‘96.  For some  reason I thought he was drafted the following year.

He was primarily a kickoff returner his rookie and many thought we made a mistake taking him.

On 11/25/2023 at 12:10 PM, Bferra13 said:

What happened to that Matt Stephens dude? What a game by him. Don't remember him at all.

We cut him and he played in New England as I recall. I remember thinking we got a steal when drafted him as he had good measurables.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.