Verba to be released

d_wag

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindeale...8360.xml&coll=2

"Ross Verba will be released by the Browns today when he agrees to repay a $465,000 roster bonus to the club.

That option was presented to Verba and agent Tom Condon in a letter last weekend. Verba also can seek a team willing to trade for him, but that option is riddled with obstacles.

A source close to Verba said Tuesday that Verba would give back the roster bonus to gain his freedom. He wants a contract better than the one that pays him $2.9 million in 2005 and 2006. Verba's exit was in the works after he told owner Randy Lerner he wanted out of Cleveland."

here is hoping the bills show interest.......he will not find nearly the demand for his services he is expecting, and as a result, will not get near the numbers he desires.......he may choose to sign a 1 year deal and test the market in '06, like shelton did......bills can create room using the MW contract and verba would certainly be a huge upgrade given the current mess at LT.......character issues? i'm sure it will be a factor in the bills eyes, but i'm more concerned with what happens on the field.......he would make an excellent addition.......

I agree he won't get much more than what the Browns are offering. If we would agree to a 1 year deal with the Bills it would allow him time to wait and see what the free agent market will be in 2006. I would like it if the Bills would at least talk to him about being a Bill and what would be expected of him.

Supposably there was a handshake deal between Verba and Cleveland that they would redo his contract in a couple of years the last time he restructured his deal. Well that time is now and Cleveland isn't going to renegotiate w/ him, so they are going to let him walk...

What did Shelton get? If you get cut by the Cardinals that can't be a good sign...

I believe Daninator said this in a previous post and I agreed. Verba made Schobel look like a HOF in the Bills game last year. He doesn't get out of his stance fast enough and shows limited movement. He's probably looking at Jennings huge contract and thinking, " I'm as average as him. Overpay me ! " :w00t:

He's OK but worth a big contract ? No way in hell.

I believe Daninator said this in a previous post and I agreed. Verba made Schobel look like a HOF in the Bills game last year. He doesn't get out of his stance fast enough and shows limited movement. He's probably looking at Jennings huge contract and thinking, " I'm as average as him.  Overpay me !  "  :w00t:

He's OK but worth a big contract ? No way in hell.

353762[/snapback]

But I've heard of him and dwag says he's an upgrade and he's way smarter than Tom Donahoe! :w00t: