Week 12: buy, sell, hold Iggles edition

boyst

13 hours ago, 2003Contenders said:

Actually I would BUY on Davis. As you said stock can't get much lower -- and after the bye he gets the Chiefs, against whom he has historically excelled. (Then sell him after the Chiefs game)

Davis is just due for a pretty big game. He hasn’t had a big game since Tampa Bay which was about a month ago. The track record of Davis this year and last is usually a big (or at least impactful) game every 3-4 weeks and then a weeks long disappearing act. So just by that pattern he probably has 1-2 more big games left in him.

1 hour ago, boyst said:

I am not saying they're down because of his brother. I'm saying he has not been like himself since his brother. A very dear friend of mine died by suicide. His brother quit football in the middle of his junior year for a few weeks to come back and eventually go pro for 4 or 5 years. I know the toll it takes on people and an athlete. I hope it isn't the issue with Knox and I hope he and his family are at peace. But, I remain firm that he hasn't played like he was himself since that event. 

Ok explain how he hasn’t been himself…because his output in 2021 essentially matched 2022.

This season he’s dropped passed but I don’t think you can say that’s related his brother.    Omelette insensitive

9 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Ok explain how he hasn’t been himself…because his output in 2021 essentially matched 2022.

This season he’s dropped passed but I don’t think you can say that’s related his brother.    Omelette insensitive

I don't look at stats as a necessary barometer to gauge a player's contribution. They are a factor but not the sole of judgments in my opinion.

29 minutes ago, boyst said:

I don't look at stats as a necessary barometer to gauge a player's contribution. They are a factor but not the sole of judgments in my opinion.

Ok so…explain how Knox has “not been the same?”  Because to me, he seems to be the same player he’s been since 2021. Much like Gabe, I do feel the Bills hoped he’d take a bigger step forward.  It hasn’t happened.  

But there’s no evidence to say it’s related to his brother.  

BUY Kincaid!

Philly biggest weakness early in the season was their inside backers.  They’ve prayed that a castaway like Myles Jack would work out (he didn’t) and now they want in on Shaq Leonard.   Result is a defense that struggles badly to defending TE’s.

The strength of their defense is a super physical DL.  I think a key part of the game plan might be getting the ball to Kincaid and Cook to beat pressure.  Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if Lenny is up this week.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

WEll you want to Buy Joe Brady and sell Gabe Davis, Gabe Davis, the same guy Brady said he was the player of the game.  A bit of a logical inconsistency.

One, I posted that before Brady said that. Two, I sold him as a featured pass catcher, not as a run blocker.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.