Did anybody go see Judas Priest last night

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bands are realizing that the original members make more money. Just like Bruce Dickinson coming back to Iron Maiden.

353438[/snapback]

Well, perhaps you should rephrase that to say that the members during their most popular years make more money. Bruce Dickinson was not the original vocalist, Paul Di'anno was. :w00t: And of course the current line-up is the "classic" lineup (+ Janick) wiht Nicko (3rd drummer) and Adrian Smith (joined during the Killers time-frame). :w00t:

Well, perhaps you should rephrase that to say that the members during their most popular years make more money.  Bruce Dickinson was not the original vocalist, Paul Di'anno was. :w00t:  And of course the current line-up is the "classic" lineup (+ Janick) wiht Nicko (3rd drummer) and Adrian Smith (joined during the Killers time-frame). :w00t:

353450[/snapback]

You Sir, are correct. My humble apologies..... :w00t:

That's Iron Butterfly.

:w00t:

353451[/snapback]

Speaking of Iron Butterfly, anyone ever hear the story about Phillip Taylor Kramer, the bassist? Apparently he was an aerospace engineer and mathematical genius. He died under suspicious circumstances 10 years ago. Here's a link.

Let me start by saying that Judas Priest was my favourite group until the 1991 or so. I loved them since I was 10. To me, Halfords voice has become sort of whiny as he has gotten older. I've seen them 10 times since 1983. Twice with Ripper Owens, and his voice is so much more rich and powerful sounding. Halford will always be the guy, but Owens, at this stage of the game, is better. I got to introduce them the last time they played in Richmond and met them after the show. I brought my tour book from 1983 and got Glenn and Ian to sign.

Well, perhaps you should rephrase that to say that the members during their most popular years make more money.  Bruce Dickinson was not the original vocalist, Paul Di'anno was. :w00t:  And of course the current line-up is the "classic" lineup (+ Janick) wiht Nicko (3rd drummer) and Adrian Smith (joined during the Killers time-frame). :w00t:

353450[/snapback]

Are we talking about the same Bruce Dickinson that got Blue Oyster Cult wearing gold plated diapers?

My son went to see JP last night, but I didn't get a chance to talk to him about the show. It's funny, he's 20 and goes to see bands that were popular when I was his age. Last year he saw Deep Purple at the Erie County Fair

The bands are realizing that the original members make more money. Just like Bruce Dickinson coming back to Iron Maiden.

353438[/snapback]

The problem with that is Dickinson's solo stuff has been better than new Maiden since... maybe Seventh Son?