Women Are Living Longer Than Men

Tiberius

he life expectancy of men in the U.S. is nearly six years shorter than that of women, according to new research published on Monday in JAMA Internal Medicine.

At least partially as a consequence of over 1 million Covid-19 deaths, life expectancy in the U.S. has declined significantly over the past few years, falling from 78.8 years in 2019 to 77 in 2020 and 76.1 in 2022 — undoing over two decades of progress. This puts the country far behind its wealthy peers: Countries such as Japan, Korea, Portugal, the U.K., and Italy all enjoy a life expectancy of 80 years or more. Countries such as Turkey (78.6) and China (78.2) also fare better. This falloff has become a key issue for the Food and Drug Administration.

https://www.statnews.com/2023/11/13/life-expectancy-men-women/

re women living longer - Women have always had a longer life expectancy, at least since that data has been collected. Honestly they're just stronger. Why do you think God chose them to bear children.

re other countries have longer life expectancies - With all the fast and processed food we consume in this country combined with sedentary jobs and lifestyles it would be a surprise if other countries didn't have longer life expectancies.

Edited by Steve O
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Guys doing dumb things because its "cool." Like seeing who can hold the liquor "better." That make sense? 

No. If that’s all it is, there would be no need to use an idiotic label like “toxic masculinity”. The word stupidity would work just fine.

• Like (+1) 1

• 5 months later...
On 11/15/2023 at 10:01 AM, Tiberius said:

Guys doing dumb things because its "cool." Like seeing who can hold the liquor "better." That make sense? 

This doesn't make sense, no.  Binge drinking is not exclusively a male issue. 

https://www.bu.edu/sph/news/articles/2023/women-without-children-at-age-35-are-at-highest-risk-of-binge-drinking-alcohol-use-disorder/

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

What percentage of 35 year old women don't have children?

I've heard estimates as high as 153%, and of those that do, 119% love to drink straight from the box.    

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/womens-health/women-us-are-drinking-death-research-finds-rcna96848

https://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/fact-sheets/womens-health.htm

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I've heard estimates as high as 153%, and of those that do, 119% love to drink straight from the box.    

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/womens-health/women-us-are-drinking-death-research-finds-rcna96848

https://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/fact-sheets/womens-health.htm

How come women live longer than men?

Why are so many more men in jail than women?

17 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

How come women live longer than men?

Well, big picture, let’s be fair. There are only three options. Men live longer.  Women live longer.  Men and Women have exactly the same life expectancy.  

When we consider all the potential factors  that can impact the numbers—lifestyle choices, genetics, evolution, environment, emotional health, and so much more, seems 

like this is the natural order of things.   

Oh, and as @muppy will likely attest, women can go on and on and on and on to the point where eternal silence seems like a pretty good deal.  

😉

17 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Why are so many more men in jail than women?

Yeesh.  Decision making, emotional intelligence, societal norms and expectations for men v woman, and individual choices.   Again, there are only three potential outcomes, and one doesn’t make much sense.  

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Well, big picture, let’s be fair. There are only three options. Men live longer.  Women live longer.  Men and Women have exactly the same life expectancy.  

When we consider all the potential factors  that can impact the numbers—lifestyle choices, genetics, evolution, environment, emotional health, and so much more, seems 

Oh, and as @muppy will likely attest, women can go on and on and on and on to the point where eternal silence seems like a pretty good deal.  

😉

Yeesh.  Decision making, emotional intelligence, societal norms and expectations for men v woman, and individual choices.   Again, there are only three potential outcomes, and one doesn’t make much sense.  

Why do women look better than men?

image.png

34 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

image.png

After 7,543 disagreements on life, politics, hippy haircuts and lazy eyes, we have reached a topic we agree upon. 

This is a Friday I never shall forget. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

😉

sup Leo. LOL 

in this kinship friendship YOU my dear are El Senor Blabbermouth. Ask anybody! I don't want you to shut up though. You makes me smile and grimace BOTH . It's a twofer deal.

NOW I'll shut up 🙂

when Im tagged I speak the truth. 😇 As I see it.

🙂

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

image.png

this was on my feed recently and it kind of fits 🙂 LOL

boobs.jpg

Edited by muppy
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, muppy said:

sup Leo. LOL 

in this kinship friendship YOU my dear are El Senor Blabbermouth. Ask anybody! I don't want you to shut up though. You makes me smile and grimace BOTH . It's a twofer deal.

NOW I'll shut up 🙂

#truth

though it took you 55 words or so to say “You too”. 🤷🏽‍♂️

1 hour ago, muppy said:

when Im tagged I speak the truth. 😇 As I see it.

🙂

this was on my feed recently and it kind of fits 🙂 LOL

boobs.jpg

Also true! 

• Thank you (+1) 1