Oh Man! 2006 Contract Year Galore!

Bills | Moulds has big 2006 Salary - from www.KFFL.com

Sun, 5 Jun 2005 07:51:31 -0700

Mark Gaughah, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds has a 2006 base salary of over $6 million. His contract may have to be revised again for him to return after this year.

Bills | Henry Entering Contract Year - from www.KFFL.com

Sun, 5 Jun 2005 07:50:56 -0700

Mark Gaughah, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills RB Travis Henry is entering the final year of his contract. He will become an unrestricted free agent after the 2005 season.

Bills | L. Smith Entering Contract Year - from www.KFFL.com

Sun, 5 Jun 2005 07:50:11 -0700

Mark Gaughah, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills OT Lawrence Smith is entering the final year of his contract. He will become an unrestricted free agent after the 2005 season.

Bills | Dorenbos Entering Contract Year - from www.KFFL.com

Sun, 5 Jun 2005 07:48:15 -0700

Mark Gaughah, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills C Jon Dorenbos is entering the final year of his contract. He will become an unrestricted free agent after the 2005 season.

Bills | Bannan Entering Contract Year - from www.KFFL.com

Sun, 5 Jun 2005 07:45:02 -0700

Mark Gaughah, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills DL Justin Bannan is entering the final year of his contract. He will become an unrestricted free agent after the 2005 season.

Bills | K. Thomas Entering Contract Year - from www.KFFL.com

Sun, 5 Jun 2005 07:34:25 -0700

Mark Gaughah, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills CB Kevin Thomas is entering the final year of his contract. He will become an unrestricted free agent after the 2005 season.

Bills | Denney Entering Contract Year - from www.KFFL.com

Sun, 5 Jun 2005 07:33:44 -0700

Mark Gaughah, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills DE Ryan Denney is entering the final year of his contract. He will become an unrestricted free agent after the 2005 season.

Bills | J. Reed Entering Contract Year - from www.KFFL.com

Sun, 5 Jun 2005 07:33:07 -0700

Mark Gaughah, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills WR Josh Reed is entering the final year of his contract. He will become an unrestricted free agent after the 2005 season.

Bills | R. Edwards Entering Contract Year - from www.KFFL.com

Sun, 5 Jun 2005 07:32:29 -0700

Mark Gaughah, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills DT Ron Edwards is entering the final year of his contract. He will become an unrestricted free agent after the 2005 season.

Bills | Shelton Entering Contract Year - from www.KFFL.com

Sun, 5 Jun 2005 07:31:41 -0700

Mark Gaughah, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills FB Daimon Shelton is entering the final year of his contract. He will become an unrestricted free agent after the 2005 season.

Bills | Teague Entering Contract Year - from www.KFFL.com

Sun, 5 Jun 2005 07:30:39 -0700

Mark Gaughah, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills C Trey Teague is entering the final year of his contract. He will become an unrestricted free agent after the 2005 season.

Bills | Clements Entering Contract Year - from www.KFFL.com

Sun, 5 Jun 2005 07:25:25 -0700

Mark Gaughah, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills CB Nate Clements is entering the final year of his contract. He will become an unrestricted free agent after the 2005 season.

Geesh! We might be looking at a brand new team next year depth-wise. Clements, Shelton, Kevin Thomas, and Ron Edwards MUST be re-signed.

This may be it for Moulds. His cap hit is something like 9-10 Mil next year. We'll see if something can be worked out.

Concentrate on Clements. The maybe catagory is Teague, Thomas and Edwards. Depends on their contribution and the emergence of others.

Thats not that bad...earlier this year, (sponsored by a JP-Era post) we had ourselves a freak-out because apparently every player on our roster contract was up in 2006, based on www.SomeKidsNFLWebsite.com or something like that.

I'd love to see Clements re-signed here, but I dont see it happening. He's the only "Must Sign" on the list, IMO. Denney and Reed can enjoy their time on the UFA market. We'll see how well Edwards does in a starting role before we re-sign him.

The rest of the FAs like Shelton, Dorenbos, Bannan and Teague can easily be re-signed. I dont think Shelton is going to demand big FB bucks.

Does Mark Gaughah, of the Buffalo News, get paid by the report or something?

I think TD did his MO on drafting Teague's replacement this year. And with the salary cap increasing with the new TV money, Moulds will likely restructure to stay and there should be adequate room to sign Clements, if he wants to (that's the bigger question). The others just aren't much of a worry. The list is long every year and somehow, they manage to get 80 competitive guys in camp. Not much to wring the terrycloth about right now.

Clements, Shelton, Kevin Thomas, and Ron Edwards MUST be re-signed.

351631[/snapback]

I agree with Clements but Thomas, Shelton and Edwards MUST be resigned? Thomas is a nickel back, Edwards is an underachiever, and Shelton was out of football for a year before the Bills signed him. I HIGHLY doubt any of these guys are going to command a huge salary. If TD and the coaches thought they were worth it, they could probably sign them to a reasonable extension tomorrow.

My very early take:

Moulds: Sadly, I think this will be his last year here. I can't see him making that much money, and I don't think he can see himself taking less.

Reed: This all depends on both he and Parrish play this year. Can Parrish play number 2? Can Reed pull his head out of his ass? The bright side is he won't cost much to keep if they want him.

Henry: Probably won't even be here THIS season.

L. Smith/Bannan/Denney

GONE

Dorenbos and K. Thomas :

should be able to brought back pretty cheap if TD/MM want them.

R. Edwards and Teague:

Will cost a bit more than the two above, but I think they will be brought back also. Teague will be 32 and won't get a bunch of money anywhere else. Edwards MIGHT be a bit tougher, but I think he'll be back.

Shelton

I think Shelton will be playing for a contract this year. I know he played very well last year, but when the season starts next year he will be turning 35. He won't get a long term deal, but if he plays at the same high level this year as last, I can see him coming back for maybe two more. Like Teague, his age will keep his price down.

Clements:

Who the hell knows...

Just a question...isnt Posey and Milloy up this year as well?  Or is it next year?

My mind is kinda mush right now and I cant think of how long we signed them to.

351654[/snapback]

I don't know about Posey, but I know Milloy is under contract for another year after this one.

The only must signs I see are Moulds and Clements with a probability of edwards if he performs this season.

I don't get why everyone is counting moulds as gone. Yeah he's not as good as he used to be but who on our roster right now can honestly replace him?. Lee Evans I think is gonna be great, but if we lose moulds we're a 1 wr threat team. Parrish is an unknown and from every thing I read he'll make no better than a good #3 wr. His contract will be restructured imo. I don't see us letting moulds go and having to draft another 1st or 2nd rd wr.

Clements is a definite must sign. If we weren't gonna keep clements I believe we would've drafted justin miller instead, but seeing how we didn't and the fact that clements is a top 5 cb you don't let him walk for nothing. He's franchised at worst and I'm willing to make a $100 wager on that.

Edwards it depends on his play. If he produces playing more this season than he did in a backup role last year he'll be re-signed.

Guys like Kevin Thomas are a dime a dozen. It's easy to find those good #3 #4 cb's he's not a guy we have to resign.

Teague- So Long if Duke Preston is any good at all. I'm not an online guy but I believe tucker is just as good as teague, if preston can push teague than bye bye.

Ryan Denney, Josh Reed, Daimon Shelton..... umm shelton will be resigned cheap he's a fullback. Ryan Denney's are also a dime a dozen. Josh Reed has done nothing to warrant another contract here. So Unless he just sets it on fire this year Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Other than Clements, Moulds, and Teague do any of them really matter at this point? In fact in the era of FA they all can be replaced. The rest are simply backups at this point. Clements: probably gone no matter what. Moulds: It might be better to let him go and sign his replacement from FA. Teague: Not irreplaceable, depends on the dollars.

Bills | Moulds has big 2006 Salary - from www.KFFL.com

Sun, 5 Jun 2005 07:51:31 -0700

Mark Gaughah, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds has a 2006 base salary of over $6 million. His contract may have to be revised again for him to return after this year.

<bunch of stuff deleted.>

Mark Gaughah, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills CB Nate Clements is entering the final year of his contract. He will become an unrestricted free agent after the 2005 season.

Geesh! We might be looking at a brand new team next year depth-wise. Clements, Shelton, Kevin Thomas, and Ron Edwards MUST be re-signed.

351631[/snapback]

if edwards has a big season on his contract year he is as good as gone.......

if the bills want him around the time to get a deal done is now, not later........after watching hours of his play in college, dozens of NFL games, hundreds of practices, and observing him in the locker room there is no reason the bills brass should not know now whether he is the long-term answer or not, and thus worthy an extension......that is what talent evaluation is all about.......... anyone can react, but getting guys locked in long-term at fair value requires foresight.........

teague and clements need to be resigned.

Moulds also, but he may take less money to stay... or atleast i hope so.

the others suck and can go.

R. Edwards my also be resigned, but i want to see how he does this comming season.