Josh is spoiling us.

tomur67

8 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And this is where I always get upset (throw in Lamar Jackson too).  These three have offenses in place that do a much better job of playing top their strengths, which I still am not sure the Bills do.  Rushing for Hurts & Jackson and Passing the ball with Herbert.

As others have pointed out only Mahomes is close to Allen, however has the better offensive game plan. 

Maybe you should use a past sentence for that? Dorsey, this year, has AT LAST been the OC we wanted for so long.  Last 3 games, Josh's stats are off the charts... yet he didn't have to play hero ball. He certainly did amazing stuff when needed, but otherwise the gameplan allowed to let many other players do their parts and shine,  and that includes the OL. Dorsey did as good as Reid, McDaniels or anyone so far in 2023.

Plus, McD has been doing an awesome job as DC.  It's the first time in decades I'm so thrilled with the coaches as it comes to gameplans and designs - they had other parts down but not this one. They do now. So far anyway.

Josh barely got hit too. He's finding ways to have fun and be creative even if the load is off his shoulders compared to these past years. They have the right balance for sure as of now. And as Romo hinted, they also have a style that will still work come the bad windy and cold weather months.

8 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

Maybe you should use a past sentence for that? Dorsey, this year, has AT LAST been the OC we wanted for so long.  Last 3 games, Josh's stats are off the charts... yet he didn't have to play hero ball. He certainly did amazing stuff when needed, but otherwise the gameplan allowed to let many other players do their parts and shine,  and that includes the OL. Dorsey did as good as Reid, McDaniels or anyone so far in 2023.

Plus, McD has been doing an awesome job as DC.  It's the first time in decades I'm so thrilled with the coaches as it comes to gameplans and designs - they had other parts down but not this one. They do now. So far anyway.

Josh barely got hit too. He's finding ways to have fun and be creative even if the load is off his shoulders compared to these past years. They have the right balance for sure as of now. And as Romo hinted, they also have a style that will still work come the bad windy and cold weather months.

Again 3 games where everything went right and the defense got all the breaks and bounces (except one deflected Tua pass).

Happy with what I've seen, but still see more can be done.

17 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And this is where I always get upset (throw in Lamar Jackson too).  These three have offenses in place that do a much better job of playing top their strengths, which I still am not sure the Bills do.  Rushing for Hurts & Jackson and Passing the ball with Herbert.

As others have pointed out only Mahomes is close to Allen, however has the better offensive game plan. 

Do they really though? A big part of the “Mahomes magic” is how often he goes off script and makes plays when the play breaks down. Also, didn’t Baltimore bring in a new OC this year even though for years people said Roman had tailored the offense to fit Jackson perfectly? 

I could make similar statements about Hurts and Herbert-the point I want to make is we also have a tendency to look at highlights of these guys and take them as bible, that’s how these guys always play. Then we also look at Josh and because we watch every snap, every play, we over analyze it and say “if only they did this as an offense.” The reality is those other offenses aren’t as tailored to those guys as much as the highlights suggest and the offense built around Josh isn’t nearly as dysfunctional as some here believe it is

35 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Do they really though? A big part of the “Mahomes magic” is how often he goes off script and makes plays when the play breaks down. Also, didn’t Baltimore bring in a new OC this year even though for years people said Roman had tailored the offense to fit Jackson perfectly? 

I could make similar statements about Hurts and Herbert-the point I want to make is we also have a tendency to look at highlights of these guys and take them as bible, that’s how these guys always play. Then we also look at Josh and because we watch every snap, every play, we over analyze it and say “if only they did this as an offense.” The reality is those other offenses aren’t as tailored to those guys as much as the highlights suggest and the offense built around Josh isn’t nearly as dysfunctional as some here believe it is

I never said it was dysfunctional, just disjointed at times as if they aren't sure what they want to do (in my eyes).  

Baltimore has brought in more and m ore receivers and Jackson is still Jackson, but hopefully more weapons and his "escapability" will result in better results.  Remember too he did win an MVP.  Herbert throws the ball a lot more then Allen and the Bills and that is his strength. 

Mahomes too passed the ball a lot more last year (coinciding with Dorsey's first year).

The last 3 games have been blowouts (took a while vs. Washington) and only one 300 yard passing game.

What I'm saying is there still is a lot more that Josh is capable of imo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.