Talked to JP last night

Ok, I am dead serious about this and will swear on whatever you want (my eyes, swear to god, whatever).

Ok, so last night I was at my friends house having a few cocktails when his girlfriend calls and said that she was in the same bar/restaurant as losman (I will get the name of the establishment later today). The funny thing is, she didn't even really know who it was at first. She asked someone who worked there "Should I know who that is?" And the employee said "Yeah, that's Losman, the Bills QB" Anyway, Bob (my friend) was like "that's cool" and the phone call ended.

Well, ever since we signed Losman, a friend of mine and I have argued about how you pronounce his name. (I say LOSS-man, he says LOUS-man). Anyway, I call my friends girlfriend and ask her to do me the huge "embarrass yourself, bother a celebrity while he's out" favor of handing him the phone and letting me talk to him. Of course, for aout 5 minutes she refuses. But I kept at it and she finally handed him the phone:

"Steve?"

"Hey JP! You're the man!"

"Thanks, what's up?"

"JP, just wanted to let you know we'll be there every Sunday"

"Thanks man"

"Ok, JP, I need you to settle a bet, can you do me a favor and pronounce your last name and do it loud so everyone here can hear it?"

"Ready? It's JP LOSMAN" (pronounced LOSSMAN)

Me and the 4 friends I was with cheer, as we have had this argument for months

JP Laughed and said "Wow, someone must have just won quite a bit of cash! You guys are crazy"

I thanked him and again told him we'll see him in September.

Now, my one buddy couldn't stand the Losman pick-up and never really liked him. This phone call changed his mind. Losman EASILY could have told my friend's girlfriend to f--- off, or just ignored her. He was awesome.

I will get you guys the name of the restaurant (and try to upload the picture phone shot she took), but just wanted to share this story.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice report Steve. Is your friend from Texas or something? No one pronounces it "Lous-man" unless you are using some kinda Texas accent.

Failure definitely is not an option for JP, I really think this guy will be the real deal.

351084[/snapback]

No, my friend is just a jack ass. But, there would have been no way to prove him wrong 100% (he's stubborn as hell) except to hear it from the horse's mouth. It was great to finally shut him up :lol:

Go Bills!

Go JP!

This post got me thinking. Imagine how cool it would be to be able to talk to JP or any Bill for that matter on a regular basis. Call him up after the game and talk to him about it. You could get tons of great insight. The stuff they tell the press is so manufactured and fake it would be incredibly different to just talk to JP after a game about how he managed to put up 70 points on the Dolphins.

JP seems to hang in bars quit a bit. I'm a little worried he is out of control with his drinking. I hope TD steps in and gets him to AA real quick!

GET EEEEEER DONE TD!  :lol:

351099[/snapback]

jim kelly was a drinker and partier like nobody's business. he's only in the HOF now. let the kid have his fun.

(and yes, i know you were being sarcastic)

jim kelly was a drinker and partier like nobody's business.  he's only in the HOF now.  let the kid have his fun.

(and yes, i know you were being sarcastic)

351110[/snapback]

That a boy! :lol:

Losman EASILY could have told my friend's girlfriend to f--- off, or just ignored her.

that won't happen until the Bills start the season 0-6 and fans start calling for the former Southern California QB Rob Johnson to be brought back. :lol:

:lol:

Just kidding. Great story Stevo.

No, my friend is just a jack ass. But, there would have been no way to prove him wrong 100% (he's stubborn as hell) except to hear it from the horse's mouth. It was great to finally shut him up :lol: 

Go Bills!

Go JP!

351089[/snapback]

who was it johnnyfairplay?

You had a chance to talk to the starting QB of the Bills, and you asked him how to pronounce his last name? You didn't ask him how many hot chicks he's banged. You didn't ask him if he helped Sue with her homework. You didn't ask him if bought JP-Era crayons for his helmet design. No... you asked him how to say his !@#$ing last name.

Ok, I am dead serious about this and will swear on whatever you want (my eyes, swear to god, whatever).

Ok, so last night I was at my friends house having a few cocktails when his girlfriend calls and said that she was in the same bar/restaurant as losman (I will get the name of the establishment later today). The funny thing is, she didn't even really know who it was at first. She asked someone who worked there "Should I know who that is?" And the employee said "Yeah, that's Losman, the Bills QB"  Anyway, Bob (my friend) was like "that's cool" and the phone call ended.

Well, ever since we signed Losman, a friend of mine and I have argued about how you pronounce his name. (I say LOSS-man, he says LOUS-man). Anyway, I call my friends girlfriend and ask her to do me the huge "embarrass yourself, bother a celebrity while he's out" favor of handing him the phone and letting me talk to him. Of course, for aout 5 minutes she refuses. But I kept at it and she finally handed him the phone:

"Steve?"

"Hey JP! You're the man!"

"Thanks, what's up?"

"JP, just wanted to let you know we'll be there every Sunday"

"Thanks man"

"Ok, JP, I need you to settle a bet, can you do me a favor and pronounce your last name and do it loud so everyone here can hear it?"

"Ready? It's JP LOSMAN" (pronounced LOSSMAN)

Me and the 4 friends I was with cheer, as we have had this argument for months

JP Laughed and said "Wow, someone must have just won quite a bit of cash! You guys are crazy"

I thanked him and again told him we'll see him in September.

Now, my one buddy couldn't stand the Losman pick-up and never really liked him. This phone call changed his mind. Losman EASILY could have told my friend's girlfriend to f--- off, or just ignored her. He was awesome. 

I will get you guys the name of the restaurant (and try to upload the picture phone shot she took), but just wanted to share this story.

351080[/snapback]

Sweet!