[Vague Title]

78thealltimegreat

10 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

To your point, the Pats scored 30+ only once last season, to Cleveland, which had a below-average D.  In fact, they only put up more than 24 six times, 26 three times, 27, 29, and that 38 against the Browns.  

Four of those defenses ranked 28th - 31st.  Cleveland was 20th.  Only the Ravens (26) was 3rd.  

What's Miami's defensive rank this year?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, PBF81 said:

Your implication that New England's offense is as good as the Chargers' offense is noted.  

No, my implication is we'll find out what Miami's offense does against a defense that actually plays defense

Additionally, NE's offense looked mildly functional against a good Philadelphia defense. I anticipate they'll move the ball on Miami's anemic defense

11 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

No, my implication is we'll find out what Miami's offense does against a defense that actually plays defense

Additionally, NE's offense looked mildly functional against a good Philadelphia defense. I anticipate they'll move the ball on Miami's anemic defense

No argument there, but the context was how many points NE would score against Miami.  

Roger the second.  I'm sure they'll move the ball somewhat, but whether that translates to points we'll see.  I'd love nothing more than to see the Pats beat the Fins. 

Last season they split with the Fins and averaged 260 Total Yards per game, 183 Passing Yards per game, and 15.5 1st-Downs per game.  They put up only 17 offensive points in Foxboro, only 7 in Miami.  

We'll see.  

I have reservations about burying the Jets.  They have elite RBs.  That defense will keep the games close all season.  Zach Wilson won't be any worse than he was last season, probably a little better...and who knows if they bring in a Vet QB to manage the game if Wilson can't be competent.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.