Alabama crackers disobey SCOTUS on congressional map

17 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Gonna cheat people out of votes regardless of what SCOTUS says.  comments?

https://www.axios.com/2023/09/05/alabama-gop-congressional-map-black-voting

Fair and reasonable to elect a candidate ? Equal opportunity to vote ? 

Just get off your A** and go to the places that are open to cast your vote show your legal ID what ever it may be & prove you are a citizen of the US AND FREAKIN VOTE !!

What's so hard about that ? WTH do they need to change the district or voting laws for christ sake just just go vote !!! If your to lazy that you can't take 1 day every 4 years and make plans some way to get off you a** and go push a button then you don't deserve to have the privilege .

And if your not a citizen of the US & can't or won''t read & or write english you don't get to vote !! Yep i'm that guy ...

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, T master said:

Fair and reasonable to elect a candidate ? Equal opportunity to vote ? 

Just get off your A** and go to the places that are open to cast your vote show your legal ID what ever it may be & prove you are a citizen of the US AND FREAKIN VOTE !!

What's so hard about that ? WTH do they need to change the district or voting laws for christ sake just just go vote !!! If your to lazy that you can't take 1 day every 4 years and make plans some way to get off you a** and go push a button then you don't deserve to have the privilege .

And if your not a citizen of the US & can't or won''t read & or write english you don't get to vote !! Yep i'm that guy ...

The racists want to take away black voting power 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Gonna cheat people out of votes regardless of what SCOTUS says.  comments?

https://www.axios.com/2023/09/05/alabama-gop-congressional-map-black-voting

This Alabama move came really, really close to outright contempt.

The larger point: a long time ago I worked on a civil rights districting case dealing with local electoral districts. Back then the prevailing theory (still ensconced in case law) is that "majority minority" districts were critical to allow for a minority to get elected. And that's what has often happened.

But over the years a lot of voting rights advocates have wondered whether this is counterproductive. Creating a majority black district may indeed get a black candidate elected, but at the expense of creating several safe "white" districts - districts where a black candidate doesn't stand a chance, and where white politicians can ignore concerns of black voters without suffering any electoral consequences. 

It's a good debate, and one that we should be having now instead of these never-ending gerrymandering lawsuits.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, T master said:

And a S**T ton that have & will keep coming across the boarder freely from the other side . 

you know the state legislators are working hard to get them voting rights by the election.

I know they are in NY, no matter what the courts say or strike down.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-hochul-signs-landmark-john-r-lewis-voting-rights-act-new-york-law

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/27/nyregion/noncitizen-voting-ruling-nyc.html

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The racists want to take away black voting power 

Well screw them then ! But any one of those people can just jump in their cars or if they don't have one 1 time every 4 years call a friend and car pool to the voting booth and get it done racist be dammed !!

After all it is 2023 and if you or any one is trying to use the excuse that they can't get there to vote they aren't trying because they can take 4 years to plan & if you can't plan 1 trip every 4 years you don't deserve the privilege . 

Well screw them then ! But any one of those people can just jump in their cars or if they don't have one 1 time every 4 years call a friend and car pool to the voting booth and get it done racist be dammed !!

After all it is 2023 and if you or any one is trying to use the excuse that they can't get there to vote they aren't trying because they can take 4 years to plan & if you can't plan 1 trip every 4 years you don't deserve the privilege . 

They are racist scum, you making excuses for them? 

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, T master said:

The SCOTUS case isn't about the act of voting (although that's another worthy topic - a national holiday on election day is a fine idea imo.).  It's about gerrymandering so that there are no districts with a black majority.  This is done by cutting and pasting the geography to  meet their goals.  Look at the district maps for Alabama and you'll see.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, T master said:

Gerrymandering is bad. 

its just interesting how some only see it in some places.

while ignoring/championing it in others.

10 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Gerrymandering is bad. 

its just interesting how some only see it in some places.

while ignoring/championing it in others.

I don't agree with it anywhere.  But with Alabama thumbing its nose at SCOTUS, their ruling is not having the desired effect.  At least for now.  As Frank said, this could easily be ruled contempt.  Once again, "law and order" red states ignoring the law...

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I don't agree with it anywhere.  But with Alabama thumbing its nose at SCOTUS, their ruling is not having the desired effect.  At least for now.  As Frank said, this could easily be ruled contempt.  Once again, "law and order" red states ignoring the law...

So you must have had me on block when I provided the links above to blue states gerrymandering and having the courts have to stop them.  or even NY where the legislator just said eff the courts, lets make a law to override it. 

little off topic. but like how the NYS gun law got struck down. so NYS doubled down and made a worse law. And people continue to get gunned down in the streets.  

Edited by Chris farley

26 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

They are racist scum, you making excuses for them? 

BS no excuses here the excuses are coming rom them that want to sit on their ass & complain rather than get off their ass & make something happen with their god given right to vote then there are those like you that support the laziness .

Everything i have ever got i my life i have got by getting off my ass & working for it weather it was getting up 1 day every 4 years to vote or getting up every day to go to work with a history of having a bad back which a lot of others would complain & use the system to sit home & do nothing yet i still went to work .

So there ain't no excuses being made for any one here homy .

• Like (+1) 1

BS no excuses here the excuses are coming rom them that want to sit on their ass & complain rather than get off their ass & make something happen with their god given right to vote then there are those like you that support the laziness .

Everything i have ever got i my life i have got by getting off my ass & working for it weather it was getting up 1 day every 4 years to vote or getting up every day to go to work with a history of having a bad back which a lot of others would complain & use the system to sit home & do nothing yet i still went to work .

So there ain't no excuses being made for any one here homy .

Bunch of filthy racists trying to steal political power