College football a joke for early season and bowl games

Radar

2 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

They also recruited DJ Uiagalelei to replace Trevor. He was a major swing and a miss. But they stuck with him. They dug their own hole. I'm still gonna root for them every week. 

It might be more scheme than player talent

DJ looked great for Oregon St... Dabo hasn't been able to protect any of his quarterbacks recently... Or scheme WRs open 

Cornerbacks were Manning up against Clemson wide receivers at duke

That's a long fall for Clemson wide receivers

DJ clearly wasnt the problem either ... It seems all of Clemson is falling apart

Edited by Buffalo716

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It might be more scheme than player talent

DJ looked great for Oregon St... Dabo hasn't been able to protect any of his quarterbacks recently... Or scheme WRs open 

Cornerbacks were Manning up against Clemson wide receivers at duke

That's a long fall for Clemson wide receivers

DJ clearly wasnt the problem either ... It seems all of Clemson is falling apart

Yes they are. They were too used to a stud QB, with a stud RB and great WRs with Vanables great defense. It all went to crap real quick. The whole system never seemed to plan for life without Lawrence. They're not Alabama where the name recruits itself. 

2 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Yes they are. They were too used to a stud QB, with a stud RB and great WRs with Vanables great defense. It all went to crap real quick. The whole system never seemed to plan for life without Lawrence. They're not Alabama where the name recruits itself. 

Absolutely

I called it a few years ago... Clemson doesn't have the staying power of Alabama or Ohio State

Dabo built a great program... But he's been coasting on his past success

He hasn't been developing at the same rate he used too ... And he's not maximizing his Blue Chip talent

Edited by Buffalo716

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Absolutely

I called it a few years ago... Clemson doesn't have the staying power of Alabama or Ohio State

Dabo built a great program... But he's been coasting on his past success

He hasn't been developing at the same rate he used too ... And he's not maximizing his Blue Chip talent

You couldn't be more spot on. They have one of the top LB's in the country. I'm blanking on his name right now. But he was so out of position all night against Duke. Not happy days in Death Valley anymore. 

12 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

You couldn't be more spot on. They have one of the top LB's in the country. I'm blanking on his name right now. But he was so out of position all night against Duke. Not happy days in Death Valley anymore. 

Listen even Alabama wasn't the same after the bear left

The most consistent programs over the last 50 years like Ohio State and Oklahoma

Even Alabama's had more losing season post bear

Dabo build that Clemson program and is a Hall of famer in his own right

Even though he's Young for coaching standards time has caught up ... He's gotta adjust

He had a phenomenal run

Edited by Buffalo716

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Listen even Alabama wasn't the same after the bear left

The most consistent programs over the last 50 years like Ohio State and Oklahoma

Even Alabama's had more losing season post bear

Dabo build that Clemson program and is a Hall of famer in his own right

Even though he's Young for coaching standards time has caught up ... He's gotta adjust

He had a phenomenal run

He almost seems lost without Brent Venables. But like you said, he needs to adjust. I hope he figures it out. If Dino Babers can do it with less talent, I think he could figure it out. But maybe not. Idk!!

18 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

He almost seems lost without Brent Venables. But like you said, he needs to adjust. I hope he figures it out. If Dino Babers can do it with less talent, I think he could figure it out. But maybe not. Idk!!

Brent Is the only person who's been able to slow down Alabama in a national championship

And there's a reason why Oklahoma paid him the money they did for him to come back

he's a hell of a coach and let dabo focus more on offense than the entire team

Edited by Buffalo716

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Brent Is the only person who's been able to slow down Alabama in a national championship

And there's a reason why Oklahoma paid him the money they did for him to come back

he's a hell of a coach and let dabo focus more on offense than the entire team

They definitely miss him and it shows. But I wish him nothing but success at OU. 

I truly enjoy college football but  the rankings are beyond stupid. In the coaches poll the undefeated Blue Devils are behind the winless Tigers when they played and Duke won 28-7. There is not any logical argument you can make except that the results on the field are less important than an opinion formed before the season. 

On 9/5/2023 at 4:28 AM, Bubba Gump said:

Clemson is my favorite college team. I wouldn't touch that game last night. They have no QB and I'm not sure if Dabo will make it through the season. How do you not fix the QB problem? They've had no answer since Trevor.  

As a lifelong Alabama Fan I understand how you feel. I'm not accustomed to The Tide losing many games but that said, perhaps you might be overreacting. Dabo is a great, championship winning coach. He (imo) is a fantastic game manager. Where he may lack is his ability (or perhaps even will) to adapt to NIL, but this can be fixed imo.

Dabo is in a great situation down there. His competetion is virtually non existant, in that Clemson usually seems to have a very weak schedule. Clemson teams are deep with talent and they have 10x the athletes than almost any team they ever face.

When Saban retires (and trust me I dread that ugly day), Dabo would be on or near the top of the list of who I would want to replace him.

And btw, your season is FAR from over. Now would be a good time to bet on Clemson. They are about to crush the so-so ACC teams that they play, and I do mean CRUSH them.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2023 at 8:25 AM, Bill from NYC said:

As a lifelong Alabama Fan I understand how you feel. I'm not accustomed to The Tide losing many games but that said, perhaps you might be overreacting. Dabo is a great, championship winning coach. He (imo) is a fantastic game manager. Where he may lack is his ability (or perhaps even will) to adapt to NIL, but this can be fixed imo.

Dabo is in a great situation down there. His competetion is virtually non existant, in that Clemson usually seems to have a very weak schedule. Clemson teams are deep with talent and they have 10x the athletes than almost any team they ever face.

When Saban retires (and trust me I dread that ugly day), Dabo would be on or near the top of the list of who I would want to replace him.

And btw, your season is FAR from over. Now would be a good time to bet on Clemson. They are about to crush the so-so ACC teams that they play, and I do mean CRUSH them.

You pretty much nailed it with this. I agree with you, I just hate losing. Like the Bills against the Jets. I thought the season was over, lol. Clemson is looking good against Florida State, but as I was typing this, Seminoles picked up a fumble, as Clemson was driving again, and took it to the house. Should be 27/31 to 17. But that play changed everything. 24 - 24. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.