Will Kingsley Jonathan make the 53?

I'm Spartacus

21 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Sounds about right

If given the chance he probably produces as much as Epenesa and Basham at a fraction of the cost. Still seems unlikely at this point. If Miller was healthy they might be more willing to move on from Epenesa nad Basham but with Miller likely going to PUP they are likely to keep the two guys that they drafted and know the system.

I am not sure why people are so anxious to get rid of Epenesa. He has steadily improved year by year and chipped in 6.5 sacks last year.  Jonathan is a good practice squad candidate.  The Bills will need competition for that spot next year when Epenesa is likely gone.  I am less high on Basham and less concerned what they might do with him although I do think it is too early to give up on him.  

Edited by FLFan
  • Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I am not sure why people are so anxious to get rid of Epenesa. He has steadily improved year by year and chipped in 6.5 sacks last year.  Jonathan is a good practice squad candidate.  The Bills will need competition for that spot next year when Epenesa is likely gone.  I am less high on Basham and less concerned what they might do with him although I do think it is too early to give up on him.  

Epenesa had 6.5 sacks, but how many of them required him actually beating a blocker as opposed to him coming free on a well-designed blitz?  There’s value in being able to time a blitz properly, but it’s still more scheme than skill.  It’s not like he lined up against tackles and regularly beat them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.