Jags don't want Travis

From Fox:

The Jaguars deny any interest in Travis Henry.They are going to wait until training camp and see how Fred Taylor looks before panicking. Henry is much more likely to be dealt to Tennessee. May. 31 - 11:32 am et

Looks like Tenny is the only one looking at Travis and they are only offering a 5th or 6th. Get it done TD. :rolleyes:

From Fox:

The Jaguars deny any interest in Travis Henry.They are going to wait until training camp and see how Fred Taylor looks before panicking. Henry is much more likely to be dealt to Tennessee. May. 31 - 11:32 am et

Looks like Tenny is the only one looking at Travis and they are only offering a 5th or 6th.  Get it done TD.  :D

348681[/snapback]

Yawn.

Why should they say they want him....it makes no sense to tip your hand from a bargaining position IF they decide to change their mind down the road.

Yawn. 

Why should they say they want him....it makes no sense to tip your hand from a bargaining position IF they decide to change their mind down the road.

348703[/snapback]

Sorry to have bored you and posted football stuff on the football board. I realize that the top 100 guitarists, who is dying on Lost and what color the booger that stojan pulled from his nose and needs medical advice are probably more exciting. But you know, I thought I would actually try doing it once just to see if anyone actually cared about football. Obviously, you don't. :D

Sorry to have bored you and posted football stuff on the football board.  I realize that the top 100 guitarists, who is dying on Lost and what color the booger that stojan pulled from his nose and needs medical advice are probably more exciting.  But you know, I thought I would actually try doing it once just to see if anyone actually cared about football.  Obviously, you don't.  :D

348709[/snapback]

Touchy, touchy...all I said was "yawn." No new ground was broken here. But I do appreciate your comments about the OT posts... :lol:

Its starting to look like we should just keep him for insurance for this year anyway. Man a 5th or 6th choice seems like no choice at all. He has more value as insurance at this point

If the jags (or anybody else) wanted Henry, he would be gone. He has been on the market for months and his salary is cheap.

It is a shame too, because the Bills are a team that could use extra picks.

348697[/snapback]

Yeah right, just like nobody was going to give us a first round pick for the right to sign Peerless Price. Shame? The shame is how you keep questioning the Bills for not giving Henry away for a 5th round throw away draft pick. How stupid would this look the first time a starting runningback goes down this preseason. TD does know what he's doing here.

Teams like Tennesse and Jacksonville can go scratch because they should already know we're they're not getting him for a low round draft pick. Jacksonville doesn't want Henry? Who gives a s___.

If the jags (or anybody else) wanted Henry, he would be gone. He has been on the market for months and his salary is cheap.

It is a shame too, because the Bills are a team that could use extra picks.

348697[/snapback]

If you are right then I guess the Bills are the only ones who want him. Get ready to root for this former Pro Bowl RB to be a back-up on YOUR team dualing with Lee for the #2 RB slot.

All-in-all thought Travis henry boosters would love to see him cut, I don't feel baad at all about having a former Pro Bowl RB as a back-up. It may be a small issue that this player will be dissatisfied, but if his value is low that no one will even give up a 4th for him, he really has little choice but to shut up and wait for his shot. If he were to become a cancer and develop a rep for not watching his teammates backs he will even further lower his value and ability to make big bucks in a future contract.

Yeah right, just like nobody was going to give us a first round pick for the right to sign Peerless Price. Shame? The shame is how you keep questioning the Bills for not giving Henry away for a 5th round throw away draft pick. How stupid would this look the first time a starting runningback goes down this preseason. TD does know what he's doing here.

Teams like Tennesse and Jacksonville can go scratch because they should already know we're they're not getting him for a low round draft pick. Jacksonville doesn't want Henry? Who gives a s___.

348743[/snapback]

Overall, I am fine with TD. This certainly does not mean that he is immune from making a mistake, does it?

My contention is and always has been that Travis is not a very good football player. I think that if Travis stays as the Bills backup and is forced into action, they will lose football games just as they have when he was the starter.

You are high on JP, right? The very last thing that he needs is a bumbling loser on the field while trying to adapt to the pro game.

I would rather take my chances with a rookie or free agent; one that can play football and perhaps has a brain.

Overall, I am fine with TD. This certainly does not mean that he is immune from making a mistake, does it?

My contention is and always has been that Travis is not a very good football player. I think that if Travis stays as the Bills backup and is forced into action, they will lose football games just as they have when he was the starter.

You are high on JP, right? The very last thing that he needs is a bumbling loser on the field while trying to adapt to the pro game.

I would rather take my chances with a rookie or free agent; one that can play football and perhaps has a brain.

348795[/snapback]

TH or not, given that JP is likely to need an outlet receiver, I'd like to see a back-up with very sure hands and the smarts to come back into the play.

From Fox:

Looks like Tenny is the only one looking at Travis and they are only offering a 5th or 6th.  Get it done TD.  :lol:

Correction. They ALREADY offered a 5th during the draft, when Chris Brown was still healthy. The compensation has gone up, and if the Bills were just looking for a 5th (much less a 6th :D ) he would have been dealt already.

As for the Jags, they can wait for as long as they want. I'd rather not send Travis to them, because without a running game, they're a longshot at best for the playoffs.

Thank you for posting football information.

I do think the Tennessee will be the destination for Travis Henry. I have posted a few times thinking that the Bills could get a defensive linemen which the Titans do have in abundance.

I have suggested either Randy Starks or Rien Long since the Titans have some depth at Defensive Tackle. I have been shot down each time by people who know nothing about either player and can't seem to follow even the simple statistics that I have provided about the post.

Additionally I also agree with you about the group of supposed football fans who take advantage of this board to post their moronic ramblings of the next adventure of "Lost" or meaningless takes on stupid off topics which simply wast time and bandwidth.

Maybe these people should find a lonely losers chat line to spend their idle time discussing all the things the average brain dead speaks about.

By the way for those of you that were offended from my statement of your collective lack of football knowledge and need to include other studid topics, GOOD because now you can all attack me and I can shred your lack of grammer, inability to spell or evn convey the most simplistic idea.

Fire away losers.

Sorry to have bored you and posted football stuff on the football board.  I realize that the top 100 guitarists, who is dying on Lost and what color the booger that stojan pulled from his nose and needs medical advice are probably more exciting.  But you know, I thought I would actually try doing it once just to see if anyone actually cared about football.  Obviously, you don't.  :D

348709[/snapback]

TH or not, given that JP is likely to need an outlet receiver, I'd like to see a back-up with very sure hands and the smarts to come back into the play.

348798[/snapback]

In TH's second year he hauled in 43 passes with an average of over 7 yards a catch. While he is clearly is no Marshall Faulk (few RBs are) he has recorded good numbers when used as a receiving threat out of the backfield in the real world.

He certainly had a few noticeable drops (as did many Bills in the O meltdown that year) in 2003 but as all players have occaisional droppsies (even a great player like Moulds) this issue never rose to the problem level at the time it happened as it did for a player like Josh Reed whose 2003 drops were not merely notable but recurrent.

The TH pass-catching "issue" really only became an issue on TSW when several folks who really indict Travis as a bad RB (despite him being deemed a good RB by the subjective measures of adulation on TSW when he logged over 1300 tards rushing and the league gave him a Pro Bowl reserve nod. Along with the indictment of his pass catching ability which does no square with his real world production in 2002 the idea of him being some sort of recurring blitz pick-up problem also was manufactured.

Henry struggled with blitz pick-up initially as most first year players (even WM) seem to do. However, this issue went away as he became a vet.

If one believed every indictment on TSW then between having a "statue" at QB, a center who is easily bullrushed, and the other blocking issues the Bills have then one would expect that Bledsoe would get sacked every play if Henry is as bad as folks seem to claim on blitz pick-up.

the reality seems to me to have been:

1. The biggest issue for sacks was that we had two not ready for primetime OL position coaches in Vinky and Ruel and the pick-up of JMac delivered immediate benefits.

2. Bledsoe is far from the most mobile of QBs, but even his limited running ability must be used so that rushers delay for a second for fear that he may run into positions they abandoned if they pin their ears back and sellout to rush. The Bills did run Bledsoe effectively just enough last year as he even ran a few QB draws and pulled off a nice fake of the QB sneak and pitched it back to WM for the TD scamper.

3. Having WM in instead of TH made a big difference in the rush production, however, this difference was seen in his ability to run outside and use a vicious stiff arm which caused pass rushers not to sell out going inside.

The convept that TH cannot be used as an outlet or that he the threat of him being used that way can be ignored does not correspond to reaity. Despite the 40+ catches in 2002, Keving Killdrive did not use him that way in 2003. i don't think anyone is putting Killdrive's 03 work up as an example of how to run an offense.

In TH's second year he hauled in 43 passes with an average of over 7 yards a catch. While he is clearly is no Marshall Faulk (few RBs are) he has recorded good numbers when used as a receiving threat out of the backfield in the real world.

He certainly had a few noticeable drops (as did many Bills in the O meltdown that year) in 2003 but as all players have occaisional droppsies (even a great player like Moulds) this issue never rose to the problem level at the time it happened as it did for a player like Josh Reed whose 2003 drops were not merely notable but recurrent.

The TH pass-catching "issue" really only became an issue on TSW when several folks who really indict Travis as a bad RB (despite him being deemed a good RB by the subjective measures of adulation on TSW when he logged over 1300 tards rushing and the league gave him a Pro Bowl reserve nod.  Along with the indictment of his pass catching ability which does no square with his real world production in 2002 the idea of him being some sort of recurring blitz pick-up problem also was manufactured.

Henry struggled with blitz pick-up initially as most first year players (even WM) seem to do.  However, this issue went away as he became a vet.

If one believed every indictment on TSW then between having a "statue" at QB, a center who is easily bullrushed, and the other blocking issues the Bills have then one would expect that Bledsoe would get sacked every play if Henry is as bad as folks seem to claim on blitz pick-up.

the reality seems to me to have been:

1. The biggest issue for sacks was that we had two not ready for primetime OL position coaches in Vinky and Ruel and the pick-up of JMac delivered immediate benefits.

2. Bledsoe is far from the most mobile of QBs, but even his limited running ability must be used so that rushers delay for a second for fear that he may run into positions they abandoned if they pin their ears back and sellout to rush. The Bills did run Bledsoe effectively just enough last year as he even ran a few QB draws and pulled off a nice fake of the QB sneak and pitched it back to WM for the TD scamper.

3. Having WM in instead of TH made a big difference in the rush production, however, this difference was seen in his ability to run outside and use a vicious stiff arm which caused pass rushers not to sell out going inside.

The convept that TH cannot be used as an outlet or that he the threat of him being used that way can be ignored does not correspond to reaity.  Despite the 40+ catches in 2002, Keving Killdrive did not use him that way in 2003. i don't think anyone is putting Killdrive's 03 work up as an example of how to run an offense.

348884[/snapback]

FFS, there is a difference between a designed play to get the ball to a rb, and a fellow with capable hands that is not the first receiver, after perhaps executing a chip block, realizes that things are not going as planned and works himself back into a position to haul in a "desperation" pass. Even if such is not a completion, it may avoid a sack and the subsequent loss of yardage.

I agree that TH's hands are adequate; I don't see him being much of a come back player. 2 cents.

I do think the Tennessee will be the destination for Travis Henry.  I have posted a few times thinking that the Bills could get a defensive linemen which the Titans do have in abundance.

I have suggested either Randy Starks or Rien Long since the Titans have some depth at Defensive Tackle.  I have been shot down each time by people who know nothing about either player and can't seem to follow even the simple statistics that I have provided about the post.

Additionally I also agree with you about the group of supposed football fans who take advantage of this board to post their moronic ramblings of the next adventure of "Lost" or meaningless takes on stupid off topics which simply wast time and bandwidth.

Maybe these people should find a lonely losers chat line to spend their idle time discussing all the things the average brain dead speaks about.

By the way for those of you that were offended from my statement of your collective lack of football knowledge and need to include other studid topics, GOOD because now you can all attack me and I can shred your lack of grammer, inability to spell or evn convey the most simplistic idea.

Fire away losers.

348870[/snapback]

WOW, please do tell what the "average brain dead" refers to,is it a collective group like the Borg. . Also, not sure what "wast" is, or what "evn" is. Marck, gotta feelin you live in a glass house. :D

In terms of your "good football" posts, if the Bills could get one of those boys I would be thrilled. And your right, I have not seen enough of either one of these guys to know if they are an upgrade over the boys we have.So I am trusting you as someone who watched most of the Titans games. I sure did not.

However, I am not a big stat fan, especially when it comes to the DLine. Remeber clearly when the Skins signed Stubblefield to a big contract because of gaudy stat numbers. However, a breakdown of those sacks revealed none came when the niners were up by less than a touchdown, never agaisnt a double team, and never agaisnt a Pro Bowler opposite him.

So, please keep up the football posts, but please do not rail on people for having conversations about other topics in this dead time of the year.

348884[/snapback]

Name a few. And please enlighten us with their difficulty level and importance in the game.

>>>>Henry struggled with blitz pick-up initially as most first year players (even WM) seem to do. However, this issue went away as he became a vet.<<<<

FFS, you know how much I respect and look forward to your posts, but the above is simply flat out wrong.

He is a horrid blocker. Even if he had the brain to learn HOW to pick up a blitz, he seems to lack the desire to do so.

Sacks dropped in half as soon as he was benched.

You are WAY over the edge here.

I do think the Tennessee will be the destination for Travis Henry.  I have posted a few times thinking that the Bills could get a defensive linemen which the Titans do have in abundance.

I have suggested either Randy Starks or Rien Long since the Titans have some depth at Defensive Tackle.  I have been shot down each time by people who know nothing about either player and can't seem to follow even the simple statistics that I have provided about the post.

Fire away losers.

348870[/snapback]

>>>>>GOOD because now you can all attack me and I can shred your lack of grammer, inability to spell or evn convey the most simplistic idea.<<<<<

You had me going. I didn't know that this was a troll until this sentence. :D

Grammer???? Nice touch!

From Fox:

Looks like Tenny is the only one looking at Travis and they are only offering a 5th or 6th.  Get it done TD.  :D

348681[/snapback]

just listened to pat kirwan during lunch...you can't get much more connected than this guy, and he continues to think that buffalo can get a 3rd (w/ possible conversion to a 2nd) for henry from the titans or some other squad.

this is just a waiting game. if TD doesn't flinch, the bills will get fair value.