good quote

I've got dozens...

Love is like racing across the frozen tundra on a snowmobile which flips over, trapping you underneath. At night, the ice-weasels come. - Nietchze

348765[/snapback]

Well, you are really throwing it now. First, it's Nietzsche. Secondly, Friedrich died in 1900 and the first snowmobile was built around 1935.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you are really throwing it now. First, it's Nietzsche. Secondly, Friedrich died in 1900 and the first snowmobile was built around 1935.

348872[/snapback]

Got it from someone else, never bothered to check into it...mostly because I'm so amused by the phrase "At night, the ice weasels come". :D

Thanks for the tip, though...it's off my list now.

"Beer is proof god loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin (I think)

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." -Sinatra

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not. Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not. Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not. The world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "Press On" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - Calvin Coolidge

i got a real life quote for ya. not from a historical figure, but from an actual network administrator who sent out an email on an "issue" i uncovered

There was no problem.  I have fixed the problem
:P

if there was no problem, what did he fix? :lol:

finally about a week after or two after he made that comment, the problem mysteriously disappeared :D

A few from Groucho:

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read."

"I drink to make other people interesting."

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it."

"I'm going to Iowa for an award. Then I'm appearing at Caregie Hall, it's sold out. Then I'm sailing to France to be honored by the French government. I'd give it all up for one erection."

"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."

"A man is only as old as the woman he feels."

"We took pictures of the native girls, but they weren't developed . . . but we're going back next month."

We are the music makers.

We are the dreamers of dreams.

I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.

Guest BackInDaDay

"We need an angry approach to the game. We need to go out and violently play the game the way we know we can. That's what we have to do, take that approach, play the game pissed off. That's what football is. It's a violent sport. If you don't want to play that type of game, then maybe you need to find another profession." - Buffalo Bill's Sam Gash, Oct. 18th, 2003

"There ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk." Tom Waits