Sabres purchase my local ECHL team, the Jacksonville Icemen

Chandler#81

We attend a couple games a year. Good brand of hockey that’s lower than Rochester Amerks. Shared this with my Son who’s a huge Star Wars fan. His reply upon confirming the news: ‘They should change their name to the Jacksonville ‘Light’ Sabres!’ 🤣

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This makes zero sense for the Buffalo Sabres location wise so of course it’s happening with PSE. Buffalo AHL triple A team should be in Buffalo and our double A ECHL team belongs in Rochester, New York or Niagara Falls, New York or Jamestown, New York if Rochester prefers to stay in the AHL with the a new NHL affiliate and local Rochester ownership. Again the Vegas Golden Knights know what they’re doing as a Stanley Cup Champion organization and the Buffalo Sabres unfortunately continue to screw around with bad ideas like this one. Jacksonville what a joke purely because of location to the Buffalo Sabres nothing personal about the wonderful city of Jacksonville, Florida or the Jacksonville Icemen it’s just not a good fit for the Buffalo Sabres because the location is too far away from the Buffalo Sabres in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, I am leaving for good said:

This makes zero sense for the Buffalo Sabres location wise so of course it’s happening with PSE. Buffalo AHL triple A team should be in Buffalo and our double A ECHL team belongs in Rochester, New York or Niagara Falls, New York or Jamestown, New York if Rochester prefers to stay in the AHL with the a new NHL affiliate and local Rochester ownership. Again the Vegas Golden Knights know what they’re doing as a Stanley Cup Champion organization and the Buffalo Sabres unfortunately continue to screw around with bad ideas like this one. Jacksonville what a joke purely because of location to the Buffalo Sabres nothing personal about the wonderful city of Jacksonville, Florida or the Jacksonville Icemen it’s just not a good fit for the Buffalo Sabres because the location is too far away from the Buffalo Sabres in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Are you ever happy? 🤔

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Maybe he's not!  What's it to you?

You the happiness police?

Merely asking the thread contributor a question.  

Surely you recall the Student Prints award for most cynical, negative, and confused.  You didn't win, did you?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 2

• Chandler#81 changed the title to Sabres purchase my local ECHL team, the Jacksonville Icemen
7 hours ago, Gregg said:

Does anyone even follow minor league hockey? As long as the players are being developed successfully to eventually help the NHL club then it really doesn't matter where they play. IMHO.

Cities that don’t have major pro sports support their teams very well. Watching any sport played at a high level is what we do as humans. 🤷‍♂️

On 7/13/2023 at 3:48 PM, Chandler#81 said:

We attend a couple games a year. Good brand of hockey that’s lower than Rochester Amerks. Shared this with my Son who’s a huge Star Wars fan. His reply upon confirming the news: ‘They should change their name to the Jacksonville ‘Light’ Sabres!’ 🤣

Good luck with the Sabres! That team was in Elmira as a ECHL team and sucked so bad that we lost the franchise and they moved to Cincinnati . Hockey here never rebounded to that level.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.