Deep dive ( McDermott )

Buffalo716

12 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Beane is good but far from perfect 

He literally didn’t draft Tre , Dawkins or Milano … cornerstones … hitting on Allen IS his godsend 

he’s made head scratcher’s and good decisions 

I always said that Whaley was a good talent evaluator. Performance as a GM comes into question albeit he had help with the miscues in Buddy and Brandon 

8 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

But I have no idea how after rewatching those how anyone can claim that Allen-Davis in that game was game-planning.  

When players are consistently wide open in the NFL, it's almost always attributable to game planning.  Kelce and Hill were wide open in the last 13 seconds because of good planning on the Chiefs part and bad planning by the Bills.   Planning and play calling. 

An ordinary NFL receiver, which is what Davis is, doesn't get open like that because of talent.  He was open because the Bills had plays they knew would work against particular defenses the Chiefs ran. 

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

When players are consistently wide open in the NFL, it's almost always attributable to game planning.  Kelce and Hill were wide open in the last 13 seconds because of good planning on the Chiefs part and bad planning by the Bills.   Planning and play calling. 

An ordinary NFL receiver, which is what Davis is, doesn't get open like that because of talent.  He was open because the Bills had plays they knew would work against particular defenses the Chiefs ran. 

I see.  So it has almost nothing to do with a poor secondary or pass defense.  OK   Agree to disagree.  Again, I'd be curious as to poll results if you posed that exact question.  

Question however, since it's game-planning, how come we're not always open against the better pass defenses?  What's McD doing differently in those games?  Telling the WRs to fake it and not get open?  

I honestly cannot believe that you're arguing this.  Did you watch that video of Davis' TD plays?   

5 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Right or wrong, as this (and like 12 other, less-good) thread indicates, the stink of “13 Seconds” continues to stick to McDermott.  There’s only one way to wash it off and he may be running out of time to do it.

And as I’ve said elsewhere, if Beane and McD waste Allen’s good years, it’ll almost be a war crime.

The resounding theme will be there's always next year, McD is a good coach, the results are fine ie playoffs and reg season wins, and it's so difficult to win a SB. 

It all depends on your expectations and how you see things. Obviously, I'm inn the minority. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.