Schein-Cook is on his "guaranteed to improve" list

TBBills Fan

Blew away all of the other rookies that saw significant carries in ypc last year. The only other one that looked as dynamic was Breece Hall, who's still questionable to even play this year. I know it feels like a guarantee that our backs will max out at 800 rushing yards after years of Singletary but Cook might put up a nasty stat line this year.

I'm not as interested in traditional run game stuff, as I feel Dorsey isn't really going to commit to that anyway.

What I want to see is our screen passing game dramatically improve. Seems the elite teams just rip off huge chunks of yards constantly, while the Bills still haven't figured it out. Cook looks like he'd benefit a lot from that as well.

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/9/2023 at 5:07 PM, wppete said:

Going to be a break out year for Cook…. 2 TEs and James cook in the backfield will be a matchup nightmare for defenses. 

I agree with one clarification.  JA has to be far more comfortable with the short game.  This is especially to the middle.  Cook is an optimal “dump off player who can get positive yards in space.

JA has the opportunity to continue the trend of cutting down on hero plays.  He does not have to carry the full load.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.