Matt Araiza

SCBills

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I didn’t say that

What are you saying then?  You've admitted he's been cleared of wrongdoing and if there were anything implicating him it would have already been presented, so nothing will come out during the civil trial, right?  Yet you wonder why he hasn't been signed and started talking about him being the 3rd punter taken.  That suggests you think he's not worth even bringing into camp as competition, despite, again, answering many of the questions about him prior to the draft.

15 hours ago, Doc said:

What are you saying then?  You've admitted he's been cleared of wrongdoing and if there were anything implicating him it would have already been presented, so nothing will come out during the civil trial, right?  Yet you wonder why he hasn't been signed and started talking about him being the 3rd punter taken.  That suggests you think he's not worth even bringing into camp as competition, despite, again, answering many of the questions about him prior to the draft.

I didn't say this: "he was the 3rd punter taken so he sucks".

What I said is that no team looking for a Punter has thought he was that great to draft before the other two  and no team since has brought him in despite his "tons of promise' 1 Punt preseason performance. Maybe, as a one year college  Punter, they don't think he's worth any public scrutiny at all--even if he wins the civil suit. 

Not to draw too straight a line, but look at Kaepernick.  No team ultimately signed him because the bottom line is that he wasn't worth the heat he would bring.  He was post peak career-wise.  He wasn't that good.  If he was a very good/great player, he would have been signed.  Pretty simple.

56 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I didn't say this: "he was the 3rd punter taken so he sucks".

What I said is that no team looking for a Punter has thought he was that great to draft before the other two  and no team since has brought him in despite his "tons of promise' 1 Punt preseason performance. Maybe, as a one year college  Punter, they don't think he's worth any public scrutiny at all--even if he wins the civil suit. 

Not to draw too straight a line, but look at Kaepernick.  No team ultimately signed him because the bottom line is that he wasn't worth the heat he would bring.  He was post peak career-wise.  He wasn't that good.  If he was a very good/great player, he would have been signed.  Pretty simple.

Which is why teams are waiting on the outcome of the civil trial.  Again this has nothing to do with criminal or civil court, just the court of public opinion as you stated.

Edited by Doc

5 hours ago, Doc said:

Which is why teams are waiting on the outcome of the civil trial.  Again this has nothing to do with criminal or civil court, just the court of public opinion as you stated.

so public opinion was not swayed by the DAs recent announcement? And it also has “nothing to do with” what would be testified to in civil court?

then public opinion is fixed as it is now.  Bring him in., no point in waiting. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

so public opinion was not swayed by the DAs recent announcement? And it also has “nothing to do with” what would be testified to in civil court?

then public opinion is fixed as it is now.  Bring him in., no point in waiting. 

Who knows what the public was swayed by?  But after the civil trial and Araiza is (still) in the clear, there's nothing more to be said or done.  There's no need to rush into signing him.  And unlike with Kaep, Araiza has shown promise and will cost the league minimum.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Who knows what the public was swayed by?  But after the civil trial and Araiza is (still) in the clear, there's nothing more to be said or done.  There's no need to rush into signing him.  And unlike with Kaep, Araiza has shown promise and will cost the league minimum.

Kaep brought his team to a SB.  Araiza punted once in a preseason.

You must have something in mind that would, in a civil trial, sway people who were not convinced by the DA's statement--you keep repeating this.  Just tell us what that might be, in your estimation.  "who knows" doesn't make any sense, since you're also convinced there is no such new info.

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

I feel like I recall that he had no experience holding for FG attempts. 

His big leg would come in handy if the offense gets held deep within its own territory, but other than that, I don’t know what promise he’s shown. 

I just don’t see the juice being worth the squeeze, here. 

Edited by Gugny

28 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Kaep brought his team to a SB.  Araiza punted once in a preseason.

You must have something in mind that would, in a civil trial, sway people who were not convinced by the DA's statement--you keep repeating this.  Just tell us what that might be, in your estimation.  "who knows" doesn't make any sense, since you're also convinced there is no such new info.

Kaep's SB years were long over.  He was no longer a good QB but wanted to be paid like a top one. 

I have nothing in mind.  Other people might.  This isn't hard.  Just wait until the civil trial is over.  There is no rush to have to sign him.

18 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I feel like I recall that he had no experience holding for FG attempts. 

His big leg would come in handy if the offense gets held deep within its own territory, but other than that, I don’t know what promise he’s shown. 

I just don’t see the juice being worth the squeeze, here.

Yeah, he had no experience holding for FG attempts because he was also the K in college.  He posted videos working on it and showed he could in that pre-season game.  And he boomed an 82-yard punt, allaying concerns over snap-to-punt time.

And you don't see the juice being worth the squeeze...for the Bills or any team?  If you mean the Bills, they have Martin locked-up for the next 3 years so yes, I agree, that ship has sailed.  However if I'm another team looking for a punter, I wait until the civil trial is over and sign him. 

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Kaep's SB years were long over.  He was no longer a good QB but wanted to be paid like a top one. 

I have nothing in mind.  Other people might.  This isn't hard.  Just wait until the civil trial is over.  There is no rush to have to sign him.

Yeah, he had no experience holding for FG attempts because he was also the K in college.  He posted videos working on it and showed he could in that pre-season game.  And he boomed an 82-yard punt, allaying concerns over snap-to-punt time.

And you don't see the juice being worth the squeeze...for the Bills or any team?  If you mean the Bills, they have Martin locked-up for the next 3 years so yes, I agree, that ship has sailed.  However if I'm another team looking for a punter, I wait until the civil trial is over and sign him. 

I mean for any team. 

If he was some kind of generational talent, he’d have been the first punter chosen. 

He’s a punter. There is no punter in the league worth the distractions he would being to any team. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I mean for any team. 

If he was some kind of generational talent, he’d have been the first punter chosen. 

He’s a punter. There is no punter in the league worth the distractions he would being to any team. 

The distraction...of being falsely accused and then cleared? 

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

The distraction...of being falsely accused and then cleared? 

Be that as it may, it’s a distraction. 

Whose fault it is, is totally irrelevant. 

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Be that as it may, it’s a distraction. 

Whose fault it is, is totally irrelevant. 

No it's not irrelevant.  He'll get his chance after the civil trial is over, maybe this year but at the latest next year.

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

No it's not irrelevant.  He'll get his chance after the civil trial is over, maybe this year but at the latest next year.

The source of the distraction really is irrelevant.  A distraction is a distraction. 

Teams like the Eagles (Vick) and Browns (Watson) chose to deal with the distractions for what they thought/think would be a top notch starting QB. 

We are talking about a punter. 

A punter. 

An unproven, inexperienced … punter. 

If you can show me a team who is “a punter away from being a Super Bowl contender,” then I will listen. 

15 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The source of the distraction really is irrelevant.  A distraction is a distraction. 

Teams like the Eagles (Vick) and Browns (Watson) chose to deal with the distractions for what they thought/think would be a top notch starting QB. 

We are talking about a punter. 

A punter. 

An unproven, inexperienced … punter. 

If you can show me a team who is “a punter away from being a Super Bowl contender,” then I will listen. 

So all that matters is that he was accused?  That's it for him?  Just because he's a punter?

39 minutes ago, Doc said:

So all that matters is that he was accused?  That's it for him?  Just because he's a punter?

You certainly seem to think so--as far as to why teams are hesitant to bring him in, despite being cleared.  You can't articulate what may be holding the back--you say it has nothing to do with civil court....at the same time as you say all potential team suitors are waiting specifically to hear what is said in civil court.

You're making no logical sense.

What Im taking from reading the last few pages is some posers have bought into the "Punt God" hype which was Matt Araiza.

Player critique is not my forte. So wether all the hype is warranted and valid seems open to debate. Not being the first punter chosen in his draft class is not very deity-like though

But Mr Araiza seems to have a lot of potential . But aren't NFL player draft choices all based on risk reward ratio? The Bills acted IMO in a way that was best for them in lieu of all the drama having him would entail. AT THAT TIME. And signed Martin to a multi year deal.

At this time  Araizas professional football career is in limbo. I do not personally believe that false allegations  will keep him from employment Forever. All the questions we have about how all of his will shake out will be answered once he is signed and asked to perform in a training camp just like any other rookie

That to me is the bottom line. All the rest is chatroom speculation and fodder.

I wish him the best moving forward. But remember there are NO guaranteed roster spots for any draft pick. He may not even made the team even  without the faux scandal.

Edited by muppy

28 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You certainly seem to think so--as far as to why teams are hesitant to bring him in, despite being cleared.  You can't articulate what may be holding the back--you say it has nothing to do with civil court....at the same time as you say all potential team suitors are waiting specifically to hear what is said in civil court.

You're making no logical sense.

I told you before that Gilleon is hoping for a jury of people like you, who believed the allegations and that he was guilty from the outset, who don't care about the facts of the case.  There is simply no other explanation for him to continue this charade with such a loser of a case.  And if the judgment goes against Araiza, teams likely shy away because the court of public opinion will lead to a team that signed him prematurely getting "heat" as you came around to above.

37 minutes ago, muppy said:

What Im taking from reading the last few pages is some posers have bought into the "Punt God" hype which was Matt Araiza.

Player critique is not my forte. So wether all the hype is warranted and valid seems open to debate. Not being the first punter chosen in his draft class is not very deity-like though

But Mr Araiza seems to have a lot of potential . But aren't NFL player draft choices all based on risk reward ratio? The Bills acted IMO in a way that was best for them in lieu of all the drama having him would entail. AT THAT TIME. And signed Martin to a multi year deal.

At this time  Araizas professional football career is in limbo. I do not personally believe that false allegations  will keep him from employment Forever. All the questions we have about how all of his will shake out will be answered once he is signed and asked to perform in a training camp just like any other rookie

That to me is the bottom line. All the rest is chatroom speculation and fodder.

I wish him the best moving forward. But remember there are NO guaranteed roster spots for any draft pick. He may not even made the team even  without the faux scandal.

No one has a problem with the way the Bills handled the situation and agree they had no choice but to move on.  But he did make the team after answering questions prior to the draft in that pre-season game.  It was only after doing so that the accuser/ her attorney went public with the allegations. 

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

No one has a problem with the way the Bills handled the situation and agree they had no choice but to move on.  But he did make the team after answering questions prior to the draft in that pre-season game.  It was only after doing so that the accuser/ her attorney went public with the allegations. 

That lawyer is a scummy one. Very scummy. I wouldn't believe him if his tongue came notorized . SLEAZY

and me saying "make the team I meant final roster/practice squad 

Edited by muppy
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, muppy said:

That lawyer is a scummy one. Very scummy. I wouldn't believe him if his tongue came notorized . SLEAZY

and me saying "make the team I meant final roster/practice squad

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but he did make the final roster.  He had that promising performance in the 3rd pre-season game and the Bills released Haack the following Monday.

Edited by Doc
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.