Does Anyone Know Anything At All About the Coming "Artificial Intelligence" Revolution?

ChatGPT can pick stocks better than your fund manager

A basket of stocks selected by ChatGPT, a chatbot powered by artificial intelligence (AI), has far outperformed some of the most popular investment funds in the United Kingdom.

Between March 6 and April 28, a dummy portfolio of 38 stocks gained 4.9% while 10 leading investment funds clocked an average loss of 0.8%, according to an experiment conducted by financial comparison site finder.com.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/05/investing/chatgpt-outperforms-investment-funds/index.html

If it picks stocks to short like banks yikes.

• Like (+1) 2

I don't know much about AI but i have heard a couple of small pieces of a interview with Elon Musk and he seemed to have some concerns & he is more in the know about such things .

I would imagine just like anything there will be those that will try to make that type of thing bigger & in their minds better but more than likely for their own good not others & in the long run it or we will be all worse off for it .

The only thing i can even relate it to is if anything can happen like in the movie I Robot then there needs to be a ton of caution & regulations put in place ! I'm all for helping but i don't need some dam robot with AI trying to take over for humans because all compassion of any kind would be gone .

And given the thoughts of some that think that some of todays leaders are to insensitive they would all be whining like a bunch of babies if some kind of AI came to be with no care for the human element in it .

• Like (+1) 1

- Threat to jobs -

Q: Isn't their potential to replace people's jobs a threat?

"You could probably obsolete maybe 80 percent of jobs that people do, without having an AGI, by my guess. Not with ChatGPT exactly as a product. But with systems of that nature, which are going to follow in the next few years.

"I don't think it's a threat. I think it's a benefit. People can find better things to do with their life than work for a living... Pretty much every job involving paperwork should be automatable.

"The problem I see is in the interim period, when AIs are obsoleting one human job after another... I don't know how (to) solve all the social issues."

https://news.yahoo.com/ai-could-replace-80-jobs-211900514.html

Researchers have created an AI tool that can identify individuals at high risk for pancreatic cancer up to three years before a diagnosis.

According to the research published in the journal Nature Medicine, the diagnosis is based solely on the patient's medical records.

Pancreatic cancer is one of the most lethal forms of cancer, and this discovery offers hope of earlier diagnosis, and therefore, better chances of survival.

Currently, pancreatic cancer is difficult to diagnose early on, leading to a low survival rate, and a need for better screening tools.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/05/09/ai-tool-can-predict-pancreatic-cancer-up-to-three-years-in-advance-18754460/