DeSantis the Florida FASCIST

19 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I am interested in the economy, healthcare, jobs, foreign affairs, etc. not how people dress

So, you are noticing how bad the current agenda is affecting all those topics in a negative way.

21 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Watch them. They will nominate trump no matter what

I hope I am wrong btw. It would be nice for the republican party to raise the bar a little but this hero worship stuff with trump is alive and thriving

Does it matter.  Mega funded PACS are already suing in multiple states to keep him off the ballot.  without any conviction.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-14th-amendment-lawsuit-colorado-crew/#:~:text=Washington — A group of voters,provision of the 14th Amendment.

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) on behalf of six Republican and unaffiliated voters who are challenging Trump's listing as a candidate on the 2024 Republican presidential primary ballot and any future ballot.

https://www.influencewatch.org/non-profit/citizens-for-responsibility-and-ethics-in-washington/

The organization has been recognized as having “played instrumental roles in building a stronger, more integrated progressive infrastructure” by the Democracy Alliance.2 CREW has received funding from left-of-center foundations, including philanthropist George Soros’ Open Society Foundations and singer Barbra Streisand’s Streisand Foundation.3

CREW has received criticism for the appearance of pay-for-play advocacy on behalf of for-profit universities

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/24/2023 at 4:26 PM, BillStime said:

Shocker - I really should create a new thread titled EDTD - just to piss off Bonnie, Karen and our resident school plumber.

I am truly curious what criteria was used to determine it "plummeted" since it was already the easiest school of the state schools to be accepted at despite it being tiny. The only change mentioned in the US News article I saw was small class size was an advantage last year but not scored this year which could be entirely shift, but keep pretending Billsy.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I am truly curious what criteria was used to determine it "plummeted" since it was already the easiest school of the state schools to be accepted at despite it being tiny. The only change mentioned in the US News article I saw was small class size was an advantage last year but not scored this year which could be entirely shift, but keep pretending Billsy.

Yeah, it was kind of a failed experiment. I remember getting a lot of mail (those were the days) literature from them when I was applying to colleges. I have to admit I was interested - a state university that would be small scale, operated like one of the posh private liberal arts colleges. Not enough to entice me to Sarasota though.

But whatever it's mission was, that seems to be thing of the past. So I don't mind trying to recenter it. But is there any demand for that kind of focus on the classics thing that DeSantis is pushing? Strikes me as the 2020s faddish equivalent (this time coming from the political right) of the original 1970s faddish theory that created it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...