2023 offense has potential to be best in Bills history

Success

My greatest concerns with the current Buffalo Bills are...that Josh Allen will end up seriously injured like Cam Newton, Michael Vick, or RG3.

Cam Newton, who played 11 seasons in the NFL, played a full 16 games in only five of eleven seasons. https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/cam-newton/4690

Also, I also wonder if McD is another Head Coach like Denver's Dan Reeves. a man who was also a defensive-minded HC who had a superstar at QB in John Elway. In his twelve seasons as the HC of the Broncos with 3 AFC Championships...no SB wins. Buffalo has yet to even win an AFC Championship. 

Will Buffalo OC Ken Dorsey continue to ride on Josh Allen's arm while using the running game as an afterthought to get a head coaching job? If so he had better take a long hard look at the end of the 2021 season and how Daboll worked that run game for the betterment of the offense. 

The AFC East is no longer a cakewalk of lousy teams...

i don't get some of the comments here -- the bills O was much more consistent especially running the ball at the end of 2022 than 2021.  we were crazy up and down in 2021, we just had two super hot performances by allen in the playoffs, and i think if we beat KC in that game w win the chip (sad).

we were more effective running under dorsey with nearly no net difference in results and that's why our record was better.  we were 7-6 at one point in 2021, and we had some stinkers on o even late in the year.

the moves might not work out, the coaches might not be as good as i think they can be, guys could get injured, etc etc, but the direction of travel is obvious: we added OL talent, we added pass catchers, and we added big strong thumping RBs.  this team wants to run the EP offense to perfection, and that includes two TE sets, running to hold the lead and demoralize, and using match ups and play calling to exploit mismatches.  

i have no doubt we will see hero ball from josh, and that he will be the whole team at least some of the time, and obv he's gonna put up all timer highlights, but mcd wants to attack more on D and frustrate and grind out opponents more on O.  I for one think the experiment will work soundly.

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/15/2023 at 2:47 AM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The Bills offense under both Daboll and Dorsey does not ask a single RB to carry the ball 15-25 times per game. Devin was a our leading back the last two years and he only had two games over a 33 game span in the regular season where he ran the ball more than 20 times (22 and 23 carries). He had 15 or more rushed only 6 times in that same span. He averaged 11 carries per game.

I agree Cook might not hold up to a consistent 18 rushes per game but the Bills will likely only call on a back to average 12 or 13 rushes a game at most. And nowhere near 20+ on average. 

I  found this frustrating especially when Singletary was consistently in the space occupied by the DBs and they would bring Moss to kill the momentum.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.