Dan Pompei is an Idiot

Somebody said something bad about the Bills. They must be an idiot!  :huh:

This board is filled with more crybabies then a daycare.  :doh:

346400[/snapback]

If they pulled up the prediction thread half the board would be strung up. :lol:

Including me!

Thats way they play the game, right Keggypoo :P;)

:lol:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's entitled to his opinion.

Doesn't mean he's correct. :huh:

And lest we forget, Pompei's 2004 predictions included the Broncos beating the Seahawks in Super Bowl XXXIX.

Other gems of prognostication by Pompei:

-Rams over Raiders in Super Bowl XXXVIII, 2003... (actual: Pats/Panthers)

-Rams over Dolphins in Super Bowl XXXVII, 2002... (actual: Bucs/Raiders)

-Buccaneers over Broncos in Super Bowl XXXVI, 2001... (actual: Pats/Rams)

-Lions in Super Bowl XXXV, 2000..... (actual: Ravens/Giants)

Yes, he was the guy who picked the Lions a few years back. I'm not making this up.

I personally have no problem with a prognostication that puts sheds the bills in a bad light.....what drives me NUTS is when they do a write up that if you didn't put the name of the team next to it you would think you were talking about a playoff contender when described....then at the end....

"but they suck....4-12 and last place in their own friggen division....TAKE THAT"

JUST so they can justify their own predictions......

IN ORDER FOR WHAT THIS GUYS SAYS TO HAPPEN

- WIllis Magehee would have to hit a SERIOUS wall.......and let us keep in mind that we were not looking at a totally healthy WM last year......we will see an even FASTER Magehee this year and he is going to carry the rock....A LOT. He has an excellent fullback in front of him in Shelton

- Our number 2 defense would have to have a serious letdown.....lets keep in mind that this is a defense that had safety question marks all year and now we have Troy Vincent back and healthy.....

- I wont even talk about the fact that Losman did in fact get some playing time last year AND Lee Evans will be in his 2nd year.......

:huh: Pompei

Somebody said something bad about the Bills. They must be an idiot!  :huh:

This board is filled with more crybabies then a daycare.  :doh:

346400[/snapback]

Its not his prediction that gets me, its the fact it doesnt follow his logic at all...he brings up all these positives and writes like we are a team on the brink, then decides on 4-12 for a record...4-12 usually doesnt mean you are on the cusp of making a playoff run...

Using the dan pompei logic...its red, round, fell off a tree, and tastes like an apple, so obviously its a banana...

So in other words, we were 9-7 and on the rise last year but had poor quarterbacking. He really likes our coach and staff, he thinks we have a stud RB and stud receivers, he really likes our defense and believes our QB has all the tools and is in a great situation, but we'll be 4-12? That makes zero sense. Especially considering he compared the situation to Carson Palmer, who, with an inferior supporting staff, led his team to be 8-8.

346345[/snapback]

His conclusion, indeed, bears no resemblance to his analysis. Many on this board agree with the assertion that an inept Losman = a 'polished' late-in-career Bledsoe. The dropoff, if any, will be a lot less than 5 games. In essence, his conclusion is idiotic.

The problem with the article was not that he said bad things about the Bills, or that he predicted them to be 4-12. The problem was that he said the Bills were good last year, are great here, here, and here, are good here and here, and their one question mark has all the tools and good coaching in the one spot they were poor last year. It made no sense.

I LOVE it when the national media counts us out in the offseason...that is usually when we put together our best effort and make the playoffs.

346343[/snapback]

especially when he ranks a 4-12 Miami to be ahead of us....It is not as if

Miami has a super QB at the controls that they will have more wins than the

bills.

It's all about the offensive line. We have an unproven at LT and Teague at center.

The offensive line will tell the whole story for this team this year. 4-12 could be real.

346341[/snapback]

Quiet you! Such rationale has no place on this board. :lol:

Losman is definitely the wild card here. I don't see us any better than 8-8 this year. Some fans are asking him to be something he isn't..........yet. IMO, he's still a rookie. My expectations are low unless the line transforms itself into something Pitt had last year.

Believe it or not but, JP Losman could be worse than Bledsoe was last year. It's reality man!

346433[/snapback]

Oh yea, alot worse! But I'm not gonna **** on the guy if he struggles becuz I know he's going to.

This board will be burning to the ground with stupid rants when he fails to deliver EVERY single game. He's technically still a rook. I have the feeling that once he "gets it" he's going to do special things for us.

I couldn't open the article.

I'd be interested in how he predicted teams in large markets.

Hypothesis: He sucks up to the large market teams/fans (whether they deserve it or not) to boost his readership.

So how did he rank: Dallas, Skins, Patsys, Iggles, Gints, Jets? The acid test is how he rates Dallas and Skins.

He said that we would be in LAST place ...so your OK with him saying the flipping dolphins are going to get more wins than buffalo ...what kind of fans are You ?

Its obvious from the post that several of you are not true fans ....

346866[/snapback]

Hell no. theres no way we go 4-12 unless we suffer significant injuries...but we will go through some rough spots with losman at the helm...i have us going 9-7 again this season...

Believe it or not but, JP Losman could be worse than Bledsoe was last year. It's reaIlity man!

346433[/snapback]

I just dont think that is possible. Bledsoe is an absolutely horrible qb. I just can't see Losman being that bad and if he is, Holcomb isnt a scrub. If things really get derailed with Losman, Kelly is a servicable qb. I think 7-9 at the very worst looking at the sked.

DAN POMPEI'S TAKE

Going with an inexperienced quarterback probably will cost the Bills from being all they can be. But it's time to take their lumps and let Losman learn. Prediction: 4-12 (fourth/AFC East).

FANTASY SOURCE SPIN

Stud: McGahee. Seven 100-yard rushing performances in the Bills' last 12 games should be sufficient evidence. He will be relied upon heavily because the team lacks experience at quarterback.

Sleeper: WR Lee Evans. He is a burner and a big-time playmaker who scored seven times in the Bills' final six games. His numbers will depend a lot on the performance of Losman.

Stumbler: Losman. He is not a rookie, but he threw only five passes in 2004. Look how long it took the Bengals' Carson Palmer to hit his stride. Fantasy owners can't wait that long for success.

FALL FORECAST

The defense should continue to be stout despite defensive tackle Pat Williams' departure. As long as McGahee, Moulds and Evans stay healthy and the line keeps improving, the offense should move the ball and score points. But this season largely will depend on Losman. If he matures quickly, the team will be a postseason threat. If he doesn't, the team might take a step backward

346327[/snapback]

So Basically our rb is great. and as long as willis , evans and moulds stay healthy we'll move the ball and score points while our defense continues to be stout, but we're gonna go 4-12 despite having, the ability to stop teams and score points :P Does this make logic? :lol: