Icons of Gen Z Thread

52 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

It ain't nothing though. American military being deployed to a war zone is something. What branch of our government approved of the US being involved in this special NATO force?

Some general in the pentagon somewhere I would assume. 

47 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

depends on the Broadway show. 

Oh, is THAT what Kinky Boots is about?

Of course

NYT military reporter says NYT exposed Air Force leaker because he wasn't leaking to NYT

The New York Times has been accused of double standards by its own military correspondent, who noted his colleagues ‘worked feverishly’ to reveal who was behind the Pentagon leaks – yet would have worked equally intensely to protect his identity if he had leaked the documents to them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11975445/NYT-military-corr-accuses-paper-double-standard-worked-feverishly-Pentagon-leak.html

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Click on to "embiggen"

273702.png

Quote: "There is speculation that Texiera did not act alone with the motive of impressing his teenage followers on the Discord chat forum, as the press has reported.  Former C.I.A. analyst Larry Johnson believes Texiera was set up, possibly by a senior officer.  Johnson thinks this because among the documents Texiera allegedly leaked was one from the Central Intelligence Agency Operations Center, where Johnson used to work.  “CIA Operations Center produces two daily reports — one in the morning and one in the afternoon. It is not a ‘Community’ product, i.e., it is not distributed to the other intelligence agencies. It is an internal CIA document (of course, it is available to the Director of National Intelligence), ” Johnson wrote on his website Son of the New American Revolution.  Texiera was not in the C.I.A. so there is no way he’d have access to an Operations Center document, Johnson wrote. So how did he get his hands on it?

If true what is the big-picture motive of some heavy players inside he government for revealing so much at this point in time? (my comment)

• Thank you (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...

"Mr. Teixeira’s lawyers described him as compliant — and said he sat on the porch reading a Bible as he waited to be arrested..."

"... but the government painted a starkly different picture. In arguing for his confinement, prosecutors described a panicked effort by Airman Teixeira to cover up his actions as law enforcement closed in.... Investigators found a small arsenal in his bedroom at the house he shared with his mother and stepfather. Inside a gun locker two feet from his bed, law enforcement officials found multiple weapons, including handguns, bolt-action rifles, shotguns, an AK-style high-capacity weapon and a gas mask. F.B.I. special agents also found ammunition, tactical pouches and what appeared to be a silencer-style accessory in his desk drawer....

Prosecutors also made public a series of social media posts from 2022 and 2023 in which Airman Teixeira expressed his desire to kill a 'ton of people' and cull the 'weak minded,' and described what he called an 'assassination van' that would cruise around killing people in a 'crowded urban or suburban environment.'"

From "Airman Accused of Leak Has History of Racist and Violent Remarks, Filing Says/Prosecutors accused Jack Teixeira of trying to cover up his actions and described a possible propensity toward violence" (NYT).

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/27/us/politics/jack-teixeira-leaks.html?smid=url-share

• Thank you (+1) 1