How will DB do in the short passing game this year

LabattBlue

I have not seen this discussed and would like some opinions on how you feel DB will do in the short throw, quick release passing game that has been touted throughout training camp(i.e. get rid of the ball before the alarm clock goes off). The long ball has always be DB's strong suit. Not only do I wonder if DB can succeed in this offense, I wonder if he will be buying into it.

Well, let me ask you this... would you put Dave Kingman in as your leadoff hitter?

You can't make a singles hitter out of someone that always swings for the fence.

Bledsoe might be OK for the first few games... but at some point he'll revert back to his old self. He'll take sacks and throw ints in the redzone... that's just his nature... after 11 seasons, mentally, he's an old dog... and they typically can't master new tricks.

Well, let me ask you this... would you put Dave Kingman in as your leadoff hitter?

You can't make a singles hitter out of someone that always swings for the fence.

Bledsoe might be OK for the first few games... but at some point he'll revert back to his old self.  He'll take sacks and throw ints in the redzone... that's just his nature... after 11 seasons, mentally, he's an old dog... and they typically can't master new tricks.

25937[/snapback]

I disagree. The running game will take pressure off of Bledsoe and short swing passes and dump off's will open up his opportunities to go deep. People are going to be surprised and pleased with Drew this year.

I disagree. The running game will take pressure off of Bledsoe and short swing passes and dump off's will open up his opportunities to go deep. People are going to be surprised and pleased with Drew this year.

25940[/snapback]

In fact he did very well in those games where he mastered the short passes

last year....and we won most of those games....

One of the biggest problems last year was we always fell behind quickly

due to the offense going 3rd and out very quickly, thereby putting lot of

pressure on the D.

If they can convert their dismal 3rd down conversion percentage from 20%

to some where in the 40% region, they will be a different team.

I have not seen this discussed and would like some opinions on how you feel DB will do in the short throw, quick release passing game that has been touted throughout training camp(i.e. get rid of the ball before the alarm clock goes off).  The long ball has always be DB's strong suit.  Not only do I wonder if DB can succeed in this offense, I wonder if he will be buying into it.

25851[/snapback]

The main problem I've always had with Bledsoe, even more so than his penchant for holding onto the ball too long, was the fact that he is very inaccurate on his short throws. His mid to long range stuff is fine, but he lacks any type of fine touch on throws less than 10 yards....which is why you see Brady succeeding in the same offense that Drew struggled in while in New England.

Drew has looked pretty good this pre-season, but I’m a little leery of how he’ll do in a quick rhythm passing game, I guess we’ll see.