The Walls be Closing

Kemp

21 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

as beautiful and inexpensive as Portugal is.  MY PREFERENCE IS TO STAY IN Va.  The wealthy here invariably despise trump just like in the UK.  They r very worried about his effect on them.

The wealthy here (in Va and beyond) could do more, too.  It's not exclusive to ex-pats saddened by the wealth disparity in their adopted homes, but not saddened enough to act.   Hell, they already do that here, don't they?  

What I tend to see here is the chicken little anti-Trump crowd.  They tend to feed off the energy of a Bobby Deniro, Alec Baldwin, MSNBC screamin' "NAZI" crowd.  I don't find that to be an issue when I converse with people on a regular basis. 

As far as I'm concerned, once a person decides to be an ex-pat, settles up with the tax man as required by law, I wish 'em well.  Their political ideology really has nothing to do with that.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

has everything to do with it.

For you, maybe, but not for me.  This is what I wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, once a person decides to be an ex-pat, settles up with the tax man as required by law, I wish 'em well.  Their political ideology really has nothing to do with that.

If you decide to move to Portugal because Trump is elected and that makes you uncomfortable, I wish you well.  

If you decide to move because you like the weather better, I wish you bon voyage.

If you decide to move because you're tired of the tax situation here in the states, I wish you godspeed.

If you decide to move to leverage the poverty in another country with the rules allowing you to improve your standard of living, I think you should try and give more to help the less fortunate (you have a real opportunity to impact lives), but if you don't, I wish you safe travels.  

I'm all about positivity. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

For you, maybe, but not for me.  This is what I wrote:

If you decide to move to Portugal because Trump is elected and that makes you uncomfortable, I wish you well.  

If you decide to move because you like the weather better, I wish you bon voyage.

If you decide to move because you're tired of the tax situation here in the states, I wish you godspeed.

If you decide to move to leverage the poverty in another country with the rules allowing you to improve your standard of living, I think you should try and give more to help the less fortunate (you have a real opportunity to impact lives), but if you don't, I wish you safe travels.  

I'm all about positivity. 

I really don't give a shite about your opinion other than I greatly enjoy beating the debate shite out of you regularly....not here for pleasantries.  Here for war.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I really don't give a shite about your opinion other than I greatly enjoy beating the debate shite out of you regularly....not here for pleasantries.  Here for war.

I'm not surprised.  This is what happens when you live life in the negative.

You're allegedly sitting in a beautiful house, in a beautiful country, fully prepared to take advantage (literally) of all it has to offer, and you're ruminating about debates and fancy yourself a soldier in the Great Message Board War of 'Twenty-ought-23. 

Consider crab-crawling down to the local beach, have a native youngster fetch you cold cerveja, and flip 'em a nickle for the effort. It'll make their day to know there's plenty more where that came from from the rich American doctor!

Also, if you're a person currently in a foreign land, considering a move, greatly enjoying debates and war, boa viagem!

• Awesome! (+1) 2

I'm not surprised.  This is what happens when you live life in the negative.

You're allegedly sitting in a beautiful house, in a beautiful country, fully prepared to take advantage (literally) of all it has to offer, and you're ruminating about debates and fancy yourself a soldier in the Great Message Board War of 'Twenty-ought-23. 

Consider crab-crawling down to the local beach, have a native youngster fetch you cold cerveja, and flip 'em a nickle for the effort. It'll make their day to know there's plenty more where that came from from the rich American doctor!

Also, if you're a person currently in a foreign land, considering a move, greatly enjoying debates and war, boa viagem!

I didn't start the war.  cons did.  but i'm more than happy to fight. re the size of the audience, who cares.  lots of loser cons have left.  that's a big win.

• Dislike 2

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The wealthy here (in Va and beyond) could do more, too.  It's not exclusive to ex-pats saddened by the wealth disparity in their adopted homes, but not saddened enough to act.   Hell, they already do that here, don't they?  

What I tend to see here is the chicken little anti-Trump crowd.  They tend to feed off the energy of a Bobby Deniro, Alec Baldwin, MSNBC screamin' "NAZI" crowd.  I don't find that to be an issue when I converse with people on a regular basis. 

That’s a broadbrush that you paint with

i’m an independent and I can’t stand Donald Trump every time he opens his mouth he gives you another reason not to like him infecting the America with immigrants blood was particularly despicable

Rot in hell in your Christmas message wasn’t very good either

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

In the world of imaginary wins, it's huge, Joe.  

yeah, you're a terrible scorekeeper and housekeeper.  lot's of filth removed from the place by the likes of me.  now if that filthy creature tommy hillfiger wannabe would just leave.  maybe he can afford a knock off shirt.

• Eyeroll 1

29 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

That’s a broadbrush that you paint with

i’m an independent and I can’t stand Donald Trump every time he opens his mouth he gives you another reason not to like him infecting the America with immigrants blood was particularly despicable

Rot in hell in your Christmas message wasn’t very good either

I'm not sure what broad brush you're referring to, John?  My comments on the chicken little posters?  My comments on Fergie's wealthy friends having an ability to do more? My thoughts on ex-pats and tax payments?

7 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

yeah, you're a terrible scorekeeper and housekeeper.  lot's of filth removed from the place by the likes of me.

On the bright side, if you play your cards right, some day soon you'll have a million dollar view at fitty cents on the dollar and a housekeeper you pay 0.11 cents a day!  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On the bright side, if you play your cards right, some day soon you'll have a million dollar view at fitty cents on the dollar and a housekeeper you pay 0.11 cents a day!  

Yup.  I can pay them more to get the very best.  meritocracy is wonderful.

I'm not sure what broad brush you're referring to, John?  My comments on the chicken little posters?  My comments on Fergie's wealthy friends having an ability to do more? My thoughts on ex-pats and tax payments?

Whenever you’re describing your position, it would be a good idea to post everything and how you described your position

You said, chicken, little anti-trump crowd which I find interesting because you’re talking about your positivity yet you think people that don’t like Trump should not take exception to his Hitler like rhetoric and telling people to go to hell on Christmas that sure is some positivity right there

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Eyeroll 2

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Whenever you’re describing your position, it would be a good idea to post everything and how you described your position

You said, chicken, little anti-trump crowd which I find interesting because you’re talking about your positivity yet you think people that don’t like Trump should not take exception to his Hitler like rhetoric and telling people to go to hell on Christmas that sure is some positivity right there

Thanks for the feedback.  I suppose if I try to see things through your lens, I can understand your perspective.  

I mentioned my observations on the anti-Trump crowd here, and what I tend to see.  I used the phrase 'chicken little' because it evokes imagery that reflects what I see, and indicated that tended not to be my experience when people aren't crouching behind a key board hidden in the shadows.  I also indicated a 'tendency', not an exclusivity.  

There are a number of posters I disagree with on topics where the chicken little terminology would not apply.  In fact, quite the contrary, I read what they offer and take what I can use from it.  

When all is said and done, I'd prefer there be no divisive language used by politicians of any stripe.  However, that's not the way the game is played.  Taking it one step further, I would have preferred that the silliness of the Trump colluding with Russia narrative never have occurred, and never been a lynchpin of the democrat push to regain the White House.  Politics is a cyclical and dirty game, the damage to the national psyche was extensive, and it set the stage for what surely would come next.  

Anyway, have a good night, John. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

yeah, you're a terrible scorekeeper and housekeeper.  lot's of filth removed from the place by the likes of me.  now if that filthy creature tommy hillfiger wannabe would just leave.  maybe he can afford a knock off shirt.

Lol, gtfoh.  Who did you "remove ",  tough guy?  Personally, I think most of the reason you are here is because you feel emasculated since stopping practicing,  and are trying to get "wins" by spamming a message board with nonsense that you hardly believe. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, JDHillFan said:

Upper middle class is considered elite? Who knew? Wish you would have said something sooner. 

read more of the thread asshat.

It sounds more like colonialism, but maybe there is some crossover.  

It's called "getting the f out" to the most desirable and attractive place.  that includes cost of living.  I'm not messing with their culture.  it's theirs.  I'll be a guest-maybe i'll get citizenship there when trump becomes emperor